We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

hi, our main target is to go to disneyland. we are a big grp of muslim tourist who's travelling on our own (with lots of kids).we'll be spending 3d/2n in hongkong. but minus our travelling time, we only have 1 full day to spend in hongkong.

appreciate suggestions for hotels with easy access to local halal restaurants and located around the famous night shopping area and a fair distance to the disneyland.

thx..

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

Although there really are not a lot of Halal Restaurant in HK (compared with the total number of restaurants) but you can find one nearby. But then, most Halal restaurants are either indian (pakistiani to be exact) or kebab joint.

base on your other requirement, I'd say hotels in TST would be better. The largest morsque in town is located at that area as well.

Please define your budget and approximate date of travel and we could go from there

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

thx for the venue info..

i know there's a lot of indian/pakistan's restaurant for halal food but i am more keen with the local chinese halal dishes..

our budget for hotels is around HKD600 to HKD900..

the area u mentioned at TST, is it also a shopping area?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,345 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

Please do a search as the exact same question was asked a few weeks ago.

iuhk.org/Eng/…20BOT.doc

The restaurants are concencrated in Wan Chai, TST. There is only ONE certified halal Chinese eating place.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

Yes, TST is the shopping area but with the budget of HK$600-HK$900 per room (for 2) per night, the choice would be a little bit limited in TST.

Also, the chance would be better if you choose to travel during Mid-May until end-June and you could probably forget about April till early May, October till Mid November and probably End-December

If you do choose to travel during mid-May to end-June, you could have a look at the following...

Butterfly on Prat - 3 stars in TST. the hotel is somewhat new (a couple of years I think). The price might be a bit max to your budget

Chelsea - 3 stars in TST. newly renovated / revived hotel after empty for over 10 years. not much information i could gather. still a mystery to me but i think the price might fit to your budget. right next to MTR

Metropark Kowloon - 3 stars in a residential area in Mongkok. rooms are a bit worn, not very close to the MTR (about 15-20 minutes walk)

Metropark Mongkok - 3 stars in Prince Edward. rooms are considered larger in this catagory. across the road from Prince Edward

Standford - 3 stars in Mongkok. old rooms. next to the Ladies Market and MTR (about 5-10 minutes walk)

Dorsett Seaview - 2-3 stars in Yau Ma Tei. in the middle of temple street market. 5-10 minutes on foot to MTR. small rooms with very low ceiling. rooms are old as well

M Hotel - 2-3 stars in Yau Ma Tei. next to the temple street market. half a block away from MTR. New hotel

YWCA Anne Black - 2-3 stars in the residental area in Mongkok. very basic hotel. a bit of a distant to MTR (about 15-20 minutes walk). Cheaper for rooms without bathroom (share bathroom)

Ibis - 3 stars in North Point, a residential district on Hong Kong Island. a couple of blocks away from MTR. very small rooms but full harbour view rooms available which is rare in this category of hotels

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

Hi qismis

our HK trip is in 2 weeks

We are staying in Nathan Road, Kowloon

I was told that they are many halal food there

& you should also try the canteen at islamic center, wan chai

For out trip I also prepare roti, meggi, tuna etc

mana la tau kot2 x jumpa halal food yg u berkenan kan

heheheheheh

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

hi gajah pink,

which hotel do u stay in nathan road? i've heard of several halal restaurant available around the area but being the first timer to HK, i'm kinda appreciate if i can be guided to the exact venue...do not want to play hide and seek there esp with little kids wif me..

the last time i went to china, i did brought along some bread and tuna but i can only last for 2 days wif that menu...aft that my throat just can't swallow anymore tuna...hmmmm..,

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

will be staying in The Mira for 2 nights then check in at Disneyland hotel for another 2 nights.

I think we won't have troubles finding for halal food in Kowloon. It's a another story in Disneyland though. No halal food.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

one lightyear,

wow wow wow...thx a million for the lenghty infos on the hotels...u really got me some homework to do...i'm going to browse every one of the hotels u mentioned...i'm a bit surprised to know there's an ibis hotel at that area..i've always chose ibis hotel at most area i travelled..so i will definitely consider ibis in our list..

btw we are all travelling on 1st week of may...is it the peak time during that week?

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

gajah pink,

the mira is definitely a very great hotel..but its above our budget..nevertheless, please share your experience wif me whn u get back frm HK ok...enjoy ur trip

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel suggestion nearby halal restaurants in hongkong

first week of May is not a peak season in business hotels and luxury hotels. But it's a week long holidays in China and most Chinese tourist, no matter how rich they are, like to stay in basic hotels. So yes, it's hard to find a room in hotels within your budget range during the first week of May and the price would be about 20% more expensive than what they will charge after that week.