We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

I am looking to do a group tour to tibet in Oct - does, or has anyone had a good experience of recommendation with a specific company - there are so many on the net and one that looked good has just been given a big thumbs down by someone so I am back to square one. Appreciate any suggestions.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

Actually if I was in your plan then I would try to find travel companies on my own. I have seen some experience from people having problems and poor experiences with highly recommended companies. So, to enjoy more make your decision yourself and enjoy your decision yourself.

Take care!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

Hi there,

I have a friend group tour to Tibet in october so if you wish to join with them you are wel come.

Belive me recomendation does not work all the time so please be ware of fake recomendation.

Enjoy your trip

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

Notice the tour guides above are posting messages to beware of fake recommendations. Likewise, I am advising to beware of what appear to be helpful advice but merely more pitches for your business from competitors.

I am not recommending, but you might check out the Lhasa-based, Spinn Cafe, http://www.cafespinn.com/en/tibet/index.html

It makes sense that a tour company based in the relatively isolated country you are visiting might have better access to tourism resources and local money-saving practices and customs. For example, depending on local "police conditions," you might be advised that you are able to wander in Lhasa without a guide and save a couple USD$$, except for required places.

As always, never pay cash or wire transfer in advance to any tour company, always with credit card in case things go wrong along the way. If part of the Spinn Cafe website is not working right, just email Pazu and he will get it back up and running quickly.

4. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 18:44
Edited: 18 July 2011, 18:44
5. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 18:44
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

Hi Sparky thanks for the great link - there is tons of great info. I am taking a tour from China but thanks for recommendation from Nepal but in this instance it wont help. Also considering looking for travel companions once I know the dates. I am now in touch with Tibet tours - has anyone had any dealings with them.

7. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 22:05
Europe
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

We went to Lhasa and Mt. Kailash in June 2011 with tibetanguide.com

Small but reliable. I do recommenf him for budget tours.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

We just returned from our Asia trip -- spent 10 days in Tibet in June. We used Spinn Cafe and can enthusiastically recommend Pazu Kong. As you may be aware, the timing in June was precarious at best, and, in fact, we literally got one of the last permits issued the evening of June 13. The next day, permits were shut down. Through it all, Kong was immediately responsive, optimistic yet realistic, and encouraged us not to give up even when our original date to fly from Beijing came and went. He stayed on top of the situation and, when we got our permit, moved very quickly to overnight the paperwork and arrange travel to Lhasa. The trip was flawless - great guide, great driver, both Tibetan. Kong is a real gem, and it was a joy getting to know him. We hope to return to Tibet and look forward to working with him again!!

10. Re: Group tour to tibet - any recommendations on travel companie

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 19 July 2011, 22:31