We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

Hi,

I'm travelling in Nepal in January next year and am keen to do a tour to Tibet while I'm there. Does anyone know if the border is open yet? Also, can anyone recommend a good tour company to use? I'll be travelling solo if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Doug

Note: Subject should say 'January 2016'

Edited: 09 September 2015, 13:31
China
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
1. Re: Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

Dear DougB94,

Thanks for the question. This is Bruce replying on behalf of TravelChinaTibet.

1) So far the road between Tibet and Nepal is not open, but as our Nepal office called the border a few days agao, the border management said the road will be open 15 days later, but we are not 100% sure that if it will open in time. So we will have to wait for the update, if you are interested, you can email us to keep in contact, so that we can update you once there is any confirmed information.

2) And if the road is open, you do not have to worry about the solo travel, because there will be many other tourists are interested in doing this type of overland tour, we will have group tours for Tibet-Nepal overland route, which is cost effective.

3) I suggest you to do Tibet overland to Nepal, because all of our group tours will be from Tibet to Nepal, while there is hard to organize group tour from Nepal to Tibet, so if you are do Tibet first, that will be great.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bruce at TravelChinaTibet

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
834 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

Hi Friends

The Nepal border issue is well discussed on an another thread that you can check here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294222-i6446-k883…

Lhasa, Xizang, China
Level Contributor
762 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

Well it looks it may reopen sometime later this year or early next year. The Nepal side agencies can have more road condition update on Nepal side.

4. Re: Kathmandu to Tibet in January 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2016, 13:17