We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

Hello all,

I’m planning to get some textiles, jilbab, etc for family members for souvenirs/gifts. I thought of getting the stuff either in Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru. Don’t wish to go to both though...need the extra time for leisure and some pampering. We will do our other shopping at Bandung FOs.

I gather that both offer similar product range but Tanah Abang is way much bigger than Pasar Baru. But...does Tanah Abang offer much wider and better varieties? Are the prices cheaper compare to Pasar Baru (similar product and quality)? And can I say that both places require negotiation skills to shop?

Thanks all!!!

Bandung
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

<<Anyway, I’ll be reaching Jakarta on Saturday (17 Dec) maybe around 12pm and thought of heading straight to Tanah Abang>>

as i know lots of shop in Tanah abang only open till 2 pm at Saturday.they are only working half day in weekend.

Better go in Monday - Friday,its open till 4/5 pm in that day so you will get more time to shop

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

<<as i know lots of shop in Tanah abang only open till 2 pm at Saturday.they are only working half day in weekend.>>

No... Majority shops are open until 4pm DAILY.

23. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 00:07
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

Dear Riyanti, since there are so many shops in Tanah Abang.. Its best if you come to Jakarta and have a look at the choices there yourself.. Since you are first time poster, Will excuse you this time but no business enquiries and speak english next time.. Be wary of anyone offering any business to you in this forum..

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

Solicitation purpose is not allowed on TA forums and please use English!

26. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

<<I think You needed help to make you feel better from some body else to enjoy your life.>>

Please check TA guidelines regarding this and English is the only language in TA forum.... I am Indonesian too and I respect this rule..

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Edited: 06 February 2012, 15:19
28. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

riyanti, your posts on this forum has moved from merely an annoyance of writing in other language than English (this is an English speaking forum!) to personal attack and harassment. Your actions are against forum guidelines.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,447 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Tanah Abang or Pasar Baru (Bandung)

guys,

option 3 - spam. Please join me in the vote.