We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation near Gambir Station

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation near Gambir Station

Hello next august i wiil arrive in jakarta at 14:00.

I will take a damri bus to gambir station so i will book a ticket for semarang for the next day.

I have to spend one night in jakarta, can you tell me a budget accomodation (but clean!) near gambir station and near food or shopping center?

I have seen formula 1 cikini/menteng ... which is better? Is there some other options?

Thank you in advance !

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

You may also want to check out some hostel at Jalan Jaksa. The area used to be much more interesting than it is now, but some of the hostels which don't charge for hours are quite ok for the price (around 5 USD). It's very close from Gambir Station, maybe 1 - 1.5 km. Formula 1 Menteng will be more expensive, I wouldn't really call it budget accommodation. Next to it there is a street with a number of street food stalls, they have some good food there but really watch out what you order cause I know some people who ended up in hospital after eating there (the area is called Taman Menteng) :) Also consider Hotel Sofyan Betawi, it has similar rates to Formula 1. Oh yeah, and the Formula 1 Cikini is even closer to Gambir than the other one. It's just next to the planetarium at Taman Ismail Marzuki, where you can find a few pretty nice restaurants.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Hi,

As far as i (as local) know there is no hotel that close to gambir,there is hyatt aryaduta (i think this is more expensive), there is also treva hotel in menteng raya which is closer to gambir compared to formula1 cikini,also there is sofyan hotel near cut meutia mosque (its close to gondangdia station,i guess you can take the train to gambir from gondangdia) there is also hotel cemara on the corner of jalan johar(close to gondangdia station too),or you can also try the hostels on jalan jaksa (kinda like the backpackers central in jakarta)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Formule 1 Cikini is the best budget accomodation that I can think of.. And lots of restaurants outside.. That's near Gambir.. :)

Jln Jaksa is very cheap.. But if cleanliness and comfort is zero in your priority list.. Go for it!

Edited: 26 January 2012, 09:10
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,806 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

1/ <<You may also want to check out some hostel at Jalan Jaksa>> I would better NOT, if you care about NOT sleeping with prehistoric bugs in your mattress.

2/ you can check:

#Oasis Amir Hotel (Jl. Senen Raya, 10410, Indonesia )

# Ibis Arcadia

# Ibis Thamrin

Both Formule 1 hotels ( solid choice also) are close enough to Gambir, f1 Cikini is slightly closer. But f1 Menteng has lots of food option at the front door and 7/11 minimarket just across the road.

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Thanks for yours reply!

And for a wolk in the evening is better menteng or chikini? I have send an e mail to oasis amir hotel to know thei prices

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Menteng is more lively in terms of street food and small shops. It's more homey neighbourhood overall, but Cikini area is closer to Gambir.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,806 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

<<And for a wolk in the evening is better menteng or chikini?>>

Walk in JKT is neither pleasant pass-time, not recommended. At dark times especially .....................

Edited: 29 January 2012, 18:36
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Jakarta is not very safe? I didn't know that! Thanks for your advice!

Is there a nice spa not too expensive near menteng or chikini? If i can't go for a walk, i will do a massage with my girlfriend! :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa at Jalan Wahid Hasyim has spa packages with traditional Indonesian spa products.

For just foot reflexology and fish spa, head to Kenko spa at Grand Indonesia

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation near Gambir Station

Not very safe IMO.. Even I seldom do it myself as a local.. Menteng and Cikini the safest place for a walk though but you should stick in crowded places..

Check out Bersih Sehat Menteng. Check google for map and direction