We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

I've planned a 5D4N holiday trip for my family to Jakarta, Puncak & Bandung on the 30/5/2013 - 3/6/2013 (myself, husband and daughters age 14 & 4). I haven't book any ground arrangement yet.

My planned itinerary

Day 1: Arrive 17.30pm, check in, dinner & rest

Day 2: Morning- Mini Indonesia.

Noon 12.00pm - tranfer to Puncak - Taman Bunga Nusantara

Day 3: Morning - Safari.

Noon - tranfer to Bandung - Suang Angklung

Day 4: Morning - Tankuban Perahu, hot spring, tea plantation, dairy & strawberry farm.

Evening - Shopping at Kartika Sari and factory outlet

Day 5: Morning - Tranfer to Jakarta - shopping at Tanah Abang.

Noon - Airport - Return flight at 3.45pm

I really need advise and suggestions from the expert for the itinerary, travel, food & accommodation. Since my little girl is going with us we hope to have a nice & leisure trip with no rush.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
41 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Hi mch,

Nice to know people want to go to Jakarta, not only to Bali.

Anyway let me recheck your schedule.

*Day 1: Arrive 17.30pm, check in, dinner & rest..Done

*Day 2: Morning- Mini Indonesia.

Just remind, it's opened at 9am. So there are a lot of activities inside, and I think you don't have enough time if you only spend half day activities. Otherwise, Taman Bunga Nusantara is closed at 5pm. A way from Jakarta-Puncak, appox. 1,5hour.

Maybe, IF YOU HAVE TIME, directly go to Puncak (Cisarua Area), and directly go to Taman Safari on 2nd day. You can see Safari Night if you want.

Or, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME, evening time you will directly go to Puncak Area (Cisarua Area) and you have to cancel to go to Taman Bungan Nusantara.

Noon 12.00pm - tranfer to Puncak - Taman Bunga Nusantara

* Day 3: Morning - Safari ... OK

I'm not sure you can go to Saung Angklung. Because since I know, they are closed at 5pm. So spend a day at Safari and in the evening, you will drive to Bandung

Noon - tranfer to Bandung - Suang Angklung

*Day 4: Morning - Tankuban Perahu, hot spring, tea plantation, dairy & strawberry farm. ... OK

Evening - Shopping at Kartika Sari and factory outlet... OK

* Day 5: Morning - Tranfer to Jakarta - shopping at Tanah Abang.

Just remind, Tanah Abang is opened at 9am.

Noon - Airport - Return flight at 3.45pm

Anyway, which hotel will you use?

Thank you and happy journey...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Hi dedyis_77

Thank you for your reply. I will consider your advise.

Anyway I really would like to visit Suang Angklong as I know my daughters will surely love it. This trip is actually to entertain them. Do you think I can omit anything that won't be enjoyed by the girls.

I haven't book any accommodation, transport/tour/guide yet. I'll appreciates any suggestion regarding hotel, transport, rumah makan (as we would like to try all the famous Indonesian cuisine) and tour guide etc

Thanks again

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,140 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

hello mchaq63

1/ Saturday May 25 is Waisak Day Birth of Buddha

2/ Thursday June 06 is Isra Miraj Ascension of the Prophet

officeholidays.com/countries/…2013.php

6-10 June and 24-27 May is a guaranteed long weekend, and consequently NOT the best/ recommended time to travel to Indonesia , BDG especially. Better plan smth after June 10th.

If you have not finalized your bookings yet, BETTER re-plan the whole trip...............

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Thank Schonefeld

Unfortunately I've booked & paid for the flight for May 30 (arrival) & June 3 (departure). Hope it won't be too crowded...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,140 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

mchaq63,

1/ i suggest the following: plan activity in BDG on Thursday - Friday and get back to JK on weekend - 1-3 June, this way you`ll avoid the general traffic jams and do your trip in reverse to the crowds.

2/ if u need hotel recommendations please let know your budget/ room/ night????

3/ i would skip Puncak if i were you ... you can see it as a motivation to return one day!

Edited: 03 May 2013, 18:39
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

better go directly to bandung. first 3 days in bandung, then go to jakarta. so, you only have to change hotel once.

visiting safari and saung angklung udjo in one day is almost impossible. better visit them in separate day.

you can visit safari when transfer to/from jakarta.

you can visit saung angklung udjo after visiting tangkuban perahu and hot spring.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

i agree with previous post, skip puncak if u can. not much to see there and the traffic is really bad there. are u using a rent-car? iF not, transportation will be difficult in puncak especially if u're staying in villa type residences such as green apple or kota bunga,very very long walk to reach the main street to catch "angkot". bandung in the other hand,is a nice city to visit. traffic is also bad,but there's so much to do there,shopping for the mom and many great places for the kids. dont forget to try one of many padang restaurants in jkt, rest sederhana bintaro and garuda are some among the best :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Schonefeld

Thanks again, actually my first choice is safari, 2nd is Saung Angklong and 3rd plantation/farm coz I'm sure my girls will surely love them rather than shopping/city tour

Around 60usd for accommodation

I've receive a quotation from PT Lintang Buana, is it advisable to use them as travel agent?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

Thanks Cakur

How long will it take from Puncak to Bandung?

Our arrival time is 5.40pm, can we go direct to bandung or puncak from the aiport, is it ok to travel at night.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jakarta, Puncak, Bandung

if you visit safari, maybe you want to visit taman mini indonesia indah as well.

this one ? An Indonesia Tour and Travel Operator based in Surabaya, East Java - Indonesia with official representative in Bogor-West Java, Yogyakarta, Bali, Medan-North Sumatra, Makassar-South Sulawesi, Labuan Bajo-Flores and link to our affiliate tour operators nationwide.

the office is in surabaya. far from jakarta or bandung. maybe you better find jakarta / bandung based tour agent.