We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Pacific booking Online

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu Pacific booking Online

Hi

In the past I have never had problems booking my Cebu Pacific tickets online. Im booking from home with an Australian Credit Card and yes I have tried both Visa and M/C. I have attempted to book a single ticket from Singapore to Davao City but when it gets to the final stage and payment it says payment failed and suggests I try another credit card. It does give a note that Some UK M/C and Visa and US based Visa cards are not being accepted atm, it mentions nothing about Australian credit cards, any other Aussies had the same problem? I have tried a variety of cards from different banks yet still the same issue. Anyone suggest why this is happening? I have tried calling the Manila Call Centre but there is always connection issues and I can never get through.

Thankyou

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

jetpilot1983, good luck. For the past four or five months, Cebu Pacific has been doing this with out of country credit cards. I have had to either get a friend to book my tickets in Manila for me or use Philippine Airlines for domestic travel. You would think Cebu Pacific would fix this, but it has not.

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

I've had this problem too. I tried all of my credit cards but non worked. I then got a barclaycard visa and amazingly that worked, so i don't think it's just the country where they're issued that's the problem.

Good luck

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

Ive had to do the same thing, I got someone I trust to book me a ticket via an office. Their services are a joke really, I only fly with them cause of the cheaper airfares. The airline flies to international destinations but doesn't accept international credit cards for bookings, wheres the use in that? Paying for a ticket via an office is alot more expensive also, Im very annoyed at this, Via the net I could get a ticket round trip for around 8500php, cause of the problem booking online I had to fork out nearly 2700php extra for the same ticket due to the additional "fees" booking in an office. I have tried to call the centre in Manila many times but the Network always is busy and rejects my calls. I will be sending a letter of complaint soon for some money they owe me due to delays late last year, they even wrote a letter on my behalf to other carriers stating that they would pay all rebooking fees and penalties but they were rejected by my carrier out of Manila. I will have a ticket cheaper than 8500php after the refund.

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated

toronto, ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

i have booked from canada and it worked only because my credit card is verified. my fried tried hers and she got denied too. try applying to verify your visa so they know that your card is secure and not fraudulent.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

What do you mean by verifying? Ur credit card is issued by a bank of course its secure otherwise u would have it. What process do I take to verify the card.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

Verified by Visa is a program where you register your card with VISA for use online by choosing an additional online password.

https:/…index.html

Not sure if you can register your Australian based card or not.

I have two VISA verified cards from different US issuers and also a Mastercard. Neither one of them would work on the Cebu-Pacific website.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

I have already done that. The Cebu Pacific Site states that UK and US issued Visa and MC will not work online, Im Australian so dont know why my card isnt working

Shah Alam Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

Hello,

I am from Malaysia had hell trying to book a flight online to Gen San and spent more money trying to call the Cebu Pacific online booking centre before the tickets were organised.The lucky ones I guess were the moblie phone company.The trick is to call your card centre to inform them of your intention to purchase online before going online.I shiver of my plans to travel to travel there again in May.Any solutions.Good luck to others facing the same.

Los ANgeles...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

I had the same experience with my Visa or Master Card from USA. So Forget it...They suck any way...

Use Philippine Air..

With better lack

australia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cebu Pacific booking Online

hi, im from australia as well. I used to book & pay online with ceb pacific and had no problems paying with my visa card. (this was last year) Anyway, im trying to get flights and pay for them online again. but, somehow CP is declining all my payments, I have tried a mastercard as well with the same results. I called the customer service centre in manila and all they could say was their system could not verify my credit cards and i had to call my bank (my card had no problems of any sort )..So i told them to go get stuff!! and i'll go spend my money on PAL!!

What kind of business are these clowns running?? It used to be really good doing the transactions online, but now the've really put a nail to the coffin. jackasses!