We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
207 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Hi all, looking for advice from people that have already or are planning to get married in Borocay. I'm usually a bit of an organisation freak so figured I would do everything on my own, but I see a lot of people raving about a wedding planner Amanda Tirol.

Having a wedding planner does cost a lot though and we're not after a huge wedding or want to spend too much on the day, so I'm just wondering if cost wise it is worth it. IE, if through your planner you get much better prices at the resort and for things like photography etc it would help out with the cost of having a planner, but if prices through her are exactly the same and the cost of planner is just an additional cost .. I'm just trying to work out the financial impact!

I have seen many amazing weddings by her online and reviews so I'm sure her work is amazing, but if we're planning a smaller, very chilled and simple beach wedding ... trying to figure out if the cost is worth it in terms of perhaps savings with suppliers?

Thanks!

22 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

You do NOT need an overpriced wedding planner for a small wedding. They do NOT get better rates at hotels etc. Make sure you understand the wedding rules to have it official on Boracay.

You can do it on your own depending what you want.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

We're getting married in Boracay this coming March. In my opinion, it helps to have someone based on the island to organize it for you. None of our families can help as they live elsewhere.

We went with Mulberry Events and Planning. You can check their Fb page or IG. Not as expensive as Amanda but the weddings they've had so far have been great (as per reviews anyway)

You did mention though that you're having a small wedding, might not hurt to ask your hotel as some have an in-house events coordinator.

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
207 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Thanks guys there are so many amazing pictures on wedding websites of couples weddings in boracay but it's hard to tell what is the standard included by the hotel and what is added to it by couples.

Of the resorts I've talked to, the resort wedding planners haven't been that helpful, particularly our fave looking one :-( by far the best and most helpful replies are from Shangri la, they're amazing! Unfortunately we just don't think we'll have a minimum of 10 rooms booked by guests as the resort is really expensive to stay at and that's a requirement of the hotel for beach ceremony there so that's gutting! And why if we get married elsewhere we might need a planner.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

You do the preparation and ask for a wedding planner on the day.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Are you having an official wedding, if so read up on the laws etc.

If its small, you can do a beach thing for dinner and set it up yourself, but you must be on island in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

If room requirements is what you're worried about, Asya Premiere only requires 3 rooms. We have a church wedding and our reception is in asya.

From experience so far, Asya Premier events coordinator is very helpful. And if you end up planning everything yourself, you can always just get a on-the-day of wedding coordinator, that way you can be stressfree on your wedding day.

Leftovertoo has a great point about reading up on the legal requirements if this is your official wedding.

We had our first civil wedding in Vancouver, Boracay is church version

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Asya is in a great location, and big rooms. I love that end of the beach. You never mentioned your budget limits.

Hit this link for info

asyapremier-boracay.com/theme-weddings.html

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
207 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Thanks! We love the look of Asya, but the person that has emailed us back so far has been really not helpful and so that's why we are struggling and thinking maybe we have to have a planner on the ground there that can help us. Eg, they told us they have a minimum of 50 people so even if less guests that would still be the minimum price. I said, ok no problem, if it's about a minimum spend, if we had 30 people could we transfer whatever the difference in cost would be to the bar for an example so we're still making your minimum spend. Her response "these are all on a case to case basis and subject for evaluation and approval." I was like, great, so here's all my details, can you please let me know what you would do in this case and what would be approved here. She just replied with again saying, it's all subject to approval and still no prices. It's gone back and forth three times, with her saying there are options on a case by case. I have kept saying, this is the case, can you let me know? But nothing. Surely she understands I have to actually get a price in order to budget it etc? I explained that I just need a confirmation of costs and then 10 days go by and nothing. I love Asya but so far of the few resorts we considered, it's so difficult to deal with Asya we might have to look at another resort I guess :-(

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

We had a beach wedding in 2015 with 18 persons. It was amazing. With private ceremony at the beach and dinner at Christina's restaurant after. I recommend you to contact Hennan Regency and ms.Michelle Molano is great!

Orewa Beach, NZ
Level Contributor
207 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?

Thanks Christha! Will check it out

Reply to: Wedding in Boracay... to use a planner or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted