We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caticlan to Manila

London, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Topic
Caticlan to Manila

I have an international flight with Emirates from Manila at 17.40pm on Saturday 18th November 2017. I will be flying out of Caticlan to Manila on the same day. I am looking to book either the 12.35pm with AirAsia that lands in Manila at 13.45pm or 11.55am with Cebu that lands in Manila at 12.55pm. Either of these flights will give me a 4/5 hour window to make my international flight out of Manila which in theory should be enough time. However, if there are delays or cancellations then it may not be enough time. What is the likely hood of delays and cancellations? Which airline is better to fly with? Should I book an earlier flight on the same day rather than the afternoon? I don't want to stay in Manila the night before as I have already paid for my accommodation in Boracay. Does anyone have any advice please or have flown from Caticlan to Manila and can share their experience.

Thank you.

8 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,061 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caticlan to Manila

You are at the mercy of mother nature. Aside from weather delays there could be mechanical or technical delays, runway congestion in Manila etc. that can even cause cancellations or diversions. I used to read here in the forum that people missed their flight even with an 8-hr. layover.

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
32 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caticlan to Manila

We were about to be late from our international flight becouse of Air asia delay for about 4 hours :((( .So get theee as early as you can and try to buy Cebu passific . I have flew with air asia 3 times , and each time there was a delay .

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caticlan to Manila

Be in Manila the night before your international flight.

Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caticlan to Manila

I agree with everyone, fly the day/night before.

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caticlan to Manila

Hi all. Looks like Caticlan to Manila travel could be a hassle. We have only a week away. Was comparing Boracay to Bali. Need a hassle free week away late in November. Is Boracay worth the extra connections or is the better plan a week in Bali? Any tips appreciated!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
248 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caticlan to Manila

Apples and Oranges, Bali and Boracay.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caticlan to Manila

I didn't find it any hassle getting to Boracay. Only a 1 hour flight and a 15 minute boat ride.

One of the best beaches in the world.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,061 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caticlan to Manila

Hi Greg, every time I go to Bali I always felt that I am in "Little Australia" as there are Australians everywhere so in your particular case... it would seem that you never left your country 😉 Our 2 surfing instructors, owner of the hotel where we stayed, owner of the Australian restaurant where we dined etc. are all Australian. There were a family of 4 Filipinos we met at a Billabong shop but they are now Australian citizens 😊

Reply to: Caticlan to Manila
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted