We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather- best time to visit

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather- best time to visit

First timers. What time the year is the best time to go?

7 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather- best time to visit

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather- best time to visit

Although April & May are the driest time of the year, I love visiting January-March as the weather is great and it's not too humid.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather- best time to visit

Google it and see top of page for more info. May is my favorite month.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather- best time to visit

We just returned from Boracay. Arrived 23rd September and departed 8th October. The first of October being the switch from the low season to the high season. Our weather was pretty good during this time. Yes we got rain (mostly at night while sleeping) and clouds were always nearby. But it didn't ruin our holiday at all. I'd say the weather was actually very good. Yes lots of clouds but we still got lots of sun too. I think the only real downside to travel during this time is that many resorts along white beach have these massive wind breaks in front of them. After a day you get used to them and they don't bother you at all but when we arrived at night we thought wtf! They remained up the whole time and they weren't due to come down till mid Oct so we just missed it. All in all we went on what would probably be considered the shoulder season and I would recommend this time for sure.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather- best time to visit

Tourists are lucky this 2017 as the country (particularly in Luzon and Visayas) is currently experiencing less than average rain and number of typhoon since July. That's a different story last year.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather- best time to visit

Good to know for next time, I guess we were lucky if that is true. We went expecting rain and got it. It just didn't rain during the day very much. That said, I have heard that peak peak season can be uncomfortable too, Lots of tourists and uncomfortably hot.

Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather- best time to visit

Just got back on the 8th as well and the weather was great. Some clouds, a bit of a drizzle but mostly sunny. Missed a few sunrises because it was drizzled but the sky cleared up mid morning. Coming in October is a bit of a gamble though.

Reply to: Weather- best time to visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boracay