We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clark to Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
250 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Clark to Boracay

Reposting this on its own so it's not buried under so many other comments...

Is Seaair still flying this route? My husband and I are trying to fly Clark to Boracay on 27 Apr, returning on 3 May but when I search it says "no flights are found". Is this a system glitch? Their website says they fly the route 3 days per week...any help/alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ps: we want to travel in/out of Clark because my husband will already be there for work and our flights to/from Japan (where we live) will be in/out of Clark. However if there is a large price diff. and transfer to Manila by bus etc. isn't bad we are open to flying in/out of there instead.

Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,656 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clark to Boracay

I suggest that even if you can still get flights to Caticlan or Kalibo you may want to get to Manila and make your connections there. Clark, with SEAIR in the past, has been notorious for cancelled flights and delays. At least in Manila you have options. ITs easy to get there, we have done it many times in the past opting out of the Clark flights.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,908 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clark to Boracay

Agree with leftovertoo, for your peace of mind fly via Manila.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
250 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clark to Boracay

Ok, thanks! What's the best/most reliable but mid-level budget way to get to Manila from Clark?

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clark to Boracay

Take a taxi to the Five Star bus terminal on EDSA. Bus from there to the bus terminal at Dau. Trike from there to Clark. I don't know about getting to the terminal -- I've never been there. A friend who has says that it's not easy; he says to look for a taxi at the Clark main gate to go from there to the terminal.

It's been a while since I went up there, and someone else might have a better suggestion based on recent experience.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,656 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clark to Boracay

there are several buses to Dau, Victory liner out of Pasay is our favorite,if your coming from airport. buses from Cubao to Dau etc, Will you stay overnight in Angeles or Clark area?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,908 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clark to Boracay

Just for your information. AirPhil Express flies from Clark to Kalibo which is an alternative gateway to Boracay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
250 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clark to Boracay

Thanks for the suggestions. We are still trying to work it all out but I may end up just flying straight in to Manila and have my husband get a ride up so we can fly from Manila to Boracay and avoid any flight hassles out of Clark. Thanks again!

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Clark to Boracay

Try asiaair they currently have promos between mid march to august from Clark to kalibo got a roundtrip deal for P380 all in....

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
250 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clark to Boracay

We've gone ahead and booked our flights in/out of Manila to Kalibo for less than $290 r/t for both of us. I was able to get a good rate from Tokyo on JetStar and free tickets home with United Miles as well so this is so far shaping up to be a nice, inexpensive trip. However, to get those rates I will be flying into Manila on the night of 24 April and my husband won't be joining me until the 26th and we'll fly to Boracay on the 27th. Then on the return, we arrive in MNL on the night of the 4th and our flight back to Japan isn't until the night of the 7th. Right now I'm thinking of staying somewhere close to the airport for the 24th-27th so I'm not venturing in to Manila alone. Maybe find a safe place with a pool and good wifi (suggestions???), but it's important that our hotel stays don't add up to cost too much since we're going on these alternate dates to save money! Then we thought we'd stay somewhere central in Manila on the 4th-7th to do some exploring. I can get a room at the GoHotel for less than $70 US for the three days. BUT, I'm wondering what there is to do in Manila for 3 days (my husband is NOT a shopper...) or if we should consider doing another short (2-day) trip to somewhere else in the PI?

I'm going to post this in the Manila forum as well but was just assuming the Boracay travelers all probably transit through and are somewhat familiar with Manila & other areas in the Philippines.

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clark to Boracay

For 3 days and if you do not want to fly but want to be by the beach, you can try Puerto Galera.

Take a 3/4hr bus ride to Batangas from Manila and a boat ride to Puerto Galera. Puerto Galera is good for snorkel and diving.

Else take a flight to Legazpi, a van to Donsol and swim with the whale shark.

For 3D2N, you can have several options by flight if you do not mind just to stay at the destination for one day like the one I just mentioned about Legazpi. However, it will be like an "Amazing Race" type of pace.