We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay weather in august 2013

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Boracay weather in august 2013

kindly advice how will be the weather in boracay in first week of August, does it rain daily or mix.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,378 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

Its rainy season expect rain, plan for rain. Even if its rains Boracay is lovely with plenty of things to do.

If there is plenty of sunshine and no rain its a bonus!

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

Gee, I wish we could go 3 weeks and not even discuss rain.... :-)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

Expect rain during your visit in August 2013 as weather in the Philippines (rain in particular) can be unpredictable. I've been to Boracay in May a few years back and it rained a bit during our second day -- passing rain as some would call it. I've been in October a couple of years ago and it was raining when we arrived -- strong enough that we had to be diverted to the other port for the bangkas (small boats that take you to Boracay from Caticlan).

I'm going this August and I am definitely expecting it to rain. High hopes for us even for just 1 day of sunny weather. But the airfare and room accommodations we paid for are at its lowest!!! And our pockets are definitely enjoying that.

If you're set to go this August, may I suggest you book a nice comfortable room that's easily accessible to restaurants just in case you'll have to spend most of your time indoors due to bad weather. I live in the Philippines so it should be easy for me to go back to the island but if you'd like to maximize your stay best to go within the months of February to April.

Kalibo, Philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

even today is raining here in boracay our news weather said laboyo typhoon is going out to philippine resposibility.but we expect two more yphoon to come before the end of august.

Kalibo, Philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

boracay is one of the nearest white beach island you enjoy your holiday,if you love rain this is the month you enjoy it cause we have enough rain here.but month of october is the best month who love and enjoy hiking,walking,running,swimming in the beach.

36. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 08:05
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

Cheryl pink u - why email you. Questions can be asked in this Forum. Or do you have a hidden agenda, like promoting certain places? btw: the original question was: does it rain in the first eek of August. The first week has passed, didn't-it?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

cheryl pink u, it rains in October as wel....so its NOT one of the best months unless you enjoy rain.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

Wow - what timing.

It not just rains, it pours! We just had a storm hitting Baguio! and wow - was it windy!

It was just chance that it passed over northern Luzon ... had a few water droplets evaporated differently and it would have zoomed on top of Boracay! That is how unpredictable these storms are 20 days in advance

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Boracay weather in august 2013

I would say 50-50. If you are lucky, only short showers in the afternoon will be experienced.