We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

Vancouver
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

I have family that I will stay with in Singapore but arrive on a late plane (midnight) so want to stay in a hotel on the first night near the Airport but near the EW / Green Line as I will take it West to Buona Vista station in the morning.

I definitely don't want anything fancy since I'm staying there literally just to sleep for a few hours, but also want somewhere clean.

I see hotels in the Marine Parade and area, Crowne Plaza at 205 Joo Chiat (expensive), Grand Mercure Roxy at 50 E. Coast Rd., Hotel 81 Geyland at 20 Lorong 16 Geylang (cheap but looks dirty).

Any comments or other suggestions?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

I would stay for a 6 hour block at the transit hotel at the airport. You'll save on the post midnight taxi fares, as well as the MRT does not run from Changi after about 11pm. You will need to pack your overnight stuff in your hand luggage as you will only be able to pick your checked it bags the next morning. Changi Aiport is on the EastWest line.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

Thanks on the transit hotel but I looked into it and I really did not like this option since I cannot leave the secure area (e.g. get my bags and come back in), it would end up being more a hassle to risk leaving my bags then trying to find them and pick them up the next morning.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

perhaps a hotel near to paya lebar mrt? hotels.online.com.sg/searchmrtname.asp…

i dont think there are many hotels before paya lebar mrt station given that the area before paya lebar (i am refering to the area from changi to paya lebar) is mainly residential...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

Mercure Roxy isn't that bad. I stayed there last June. Besides Mercure, there is this Paramount hotel.

Island
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

last place is geylang... sleazy..

Vancouver
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

Geylang is sleezy? I didn't think such a place existed in Singapore.

7. Re: Hotel near Airport along EW / Green Line MRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 13:17