First of all, this forum has really helped me to get a real feeling for a great country like Singapore. I have learned a lot of cool stuff from browsing several threads.
I will be staying in Singapore for 4 nights from 18 Apr,2012.
I'm a solo traveler. I had been to Kaula lumpur before. I did not face any issues at all. From the look of things, I should not face any issues in SNG as it is being a more orderly city.
Here are a few questions that I would like to ask.
1. Where is immigration section located at Changi airport? I will be landing at Terminal 1. Will I have to take a subway if it is located somewhere else?
2. Where is MRT station located at Changi airport? At what terminal?
3. My hotel is located near Bugis MRT station. How can I go there from airport? Will I have to change lines/stations in between from the airport in order to reach there? I know, taxi is an easy option but let's say i want to save some money and I would like to use that money on MRT instead.
4. Can I get a MRT brochure or map from the station located at the airport?
5. I will buy a ez-link or aka smart card , can I use it on the bus?
How will I know if a certain bus covers my destination? or where would I like to go? Are bus drivers friendly and helpful in giviing information?
6. Which MRT stations are located in the walking distance of certain attractions? In other words, which stations cover which attractions so that It will be easier from me to get on and get off on certain stations? To be honest, there are too many if you just have a look at their map.
In dubai, most attractions are located far away from metro stations , so you need to catch either a bus or a taxi? since you are a tourist, taking a bus is quite problematic. so, is it the same in singapore?
7. Are hawker centers located near bugis area? or will I have to go somewhere else?
8. Are there money exchangers near bugis area that will give me a best rate?
For the time being, that's all I have. if I need more info, I will ask further questions right here.