We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time traveler to Singapore...few questions

karachi
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time traveler to Singapore...few questions

First of all, this forum has really helped me to get a real feeling for a great country like Singapore. I have learned a lot of cool stuff from browsing several threads.

I will be staying in Singapore for 4 nights from 18 Apr,2012.

I'm a solo traveler. I had been to Kaula lumpur before. I did not face any issues at all. From the look of things, I should not face any issues in SNG as it is being a more orderly city.

Here are a few questions that I would like to ask.

1. Where is immigration section located at Changi airport? I will be landing at Terminal 1. Will I have to take a subway if it is located somewhere else?

2. Where is MRT station located at Changi airport? At what terminal?

3. My hotel is located near Bugis MRT station. How can I go there from airport? Will I have to change lines/stations in between from the airport in order to reach there? I know, taxi is an easy option but let's say i want to save some money and I would like to use that money on MRT instead.

4. Can I get a MRT brochure or map from the station located at the airport?

5. I will buy a ez-link or aka smart card , can I use it on the bus?

How will I know if a certain bus covers my destination? or where would I like to go? Are bus drivers friendly and helpful in giviing information?

6. Which MRT stations are located in the walking distance of certain attractions? In other words, which stations cover which attractions so that It will be easier from me to get on and get off on certain stations? To be honest, there are too many if you just have a look at their map.

In dubai, most attractions are located far away from metro stations , so you need to catch either a bus or a taxi? since you are a tourist, taking a bus is quite problematic. so, is it the same in singapore?

7. Are hawker centers located near bugis area? or will I have to go somewhere else?

8. Are there money exchangers near bugis area that will give me a best rate?

For the time being, that's all I have. if I need more info, I will ask further questions right here.

karachi
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time traveler to Singapore...few questions

Follow up questions:

Is it OK to make videos from a moving skyrain? I'm only interested in filming the city's views? I was able to do so in Dubai. However, I have read that you can not make videos either inside the station or on the MRT itself in SG? How far is it true?

Is it alright to make videos of government buildings, temples and mosques?

You know, rules and regulations are laid out differently in each country so I've got to respect them.

karachi
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time traveler to Singapore...few questions

Is Friday included as a weekend in Singapore? my hotel charged $10 surcharge on 29, 30 April and 1 May and 4 May.

I will be staying in singapore from April 29 till May 4.

Friday,Sat and Sunday mentioned as under weekends.

why is this an unsual practice in singapore may i know the reason?

It seems like 20 out of 30 days a month either have conventions, eves of holidays, public holidays and weekends in singapore? i guess you cant beat $10 dollar sucharge.

13. Re: First time traveler to Singapore...few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:41