We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days ecuador

France
Level Contributor
318 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
10 days ecuador

Hi, I am thinking of spending 10 days in Ecuador, Quito, and a beach resort. I will be coming from either Piura or Tumbes in Peru.questions. Which is the safest bus service which will wait for me at the 2 immigration offices ? Where is the best and safest area to stay in Quito ? Which beach is the most beautiful ( not a surfer, I am a single lady traveller)? And any other useful information welcomed.I will be coming end of November . Thank you !

Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Tumbes
Tumbes
Tumbes Region, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
1. Re: 10 days ecuador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 20:25
France
Level Contributor
318 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days ecuador

Thank you Ross, that's a great help. Any beach ideas?

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
325 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days ecuador

I recently took Ormeno from Mancora (through Tumbes) into Ecuador, no problems at the border as the bus waited but it did show up on Mancora 2 hours late.

As for beach ideas, since you mentioned that you are not a surfer...

Canoa has a nice beach and it has tourist amenities but its not so over run like montanita.

Having said that, Montanita still has a nice beach and you can get away from the party by staying in the north end of the beach by the point or head a few miles south to the town of Manglarato, its like 2km south.

I haven´t been, but I heard good things about Ayampe just north of Montanita.

I wouldn´t consider Puerto Lopez a pretty beach as its a fishing town and lots of boats.

Mompiche has a nice beach and is a smaller town.

Playas (AKA general villamil) has a decent beach but mostly only gets local tourists.

Pedernales is also mostly locals and has a decent beach.

My pick would be Canoa

Mentioned in this post
Mancora
Mancora
Piura Region, Peru
Tumbes
Tumbes
Tumbes Region, Peru
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Canoa
Canoa
Manabi Province, Ecuador
Montanita
Montanita
Santa Elena Province, Ecuador
Ayampe
Ayampe
Manabi Province, Ecuador
Puerto Lopez
Puerto Lopez
Manabi Province, Ecuador
Mompiche
Mompiche
Esmeraldas Province, Ecuador
Playas
Playas
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Pedernales
Pedernales
Manabi Province, Ecuador
4. Re: 10 days ecuador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 12:17