We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GAdventures - Land Galapagos-Multi-Activities

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
GAdventures - Land Galapagos—Multi-Activities

Hi, we are hoping to go to the Galapagos on our honeymoon next summer but I am becoming more and more overwhelemed but all the information / options out there.

We are still unsure If we want to go island hoping or take a cruise..any recommendations?

I recently came across a company http://www.gadventures.com/ and like the look of their Land Galapagos - Multi Activities tour....has anyone been on this and if so would the recommend it?

We are also hoping to relax on a beautiful beach somewhere for a week or so after our visit to the Galapagos, any recommendations of somewhere romantic for honeymooners :)

Thanks

Kansas
Level Contributor
650 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: GAdventures - Land Galapagos—Multi-Activities

We are going the cruise route (16-passenger) next spring but it's our first trip to the Galapagos so I can't give you any feed-back there. However, if you're looking for beautiful beaches, I'd head for Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. What a fabulous place.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: GAdventures - Land Galapagos—Multi-Activities

If you haven't already checked it out, read the 2nd Top Question in the right corner of this page. Lots of interesting discussion of the pros and cons of each.

Tina

trip report at http://galapagos2009.wordpress.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: GAdventures - Land Galapagos—Multi-Activities

Dear Denise,

Tina has directed you to a good reference on land vs cruise. One thing about cruises - once you're settled into your cabin, there's no more packing / unpacking, and wasting time getting on boats and checking in and out of places - you can just RELAX!

As for romantic place... I went to Galapagos with my husband 3 weeks after getting married and we stayed 4 years, returning with a near 3 yr old and his little brother in the oven! It was romantic! A whole week on a beach might be a bit long - but if you're looking for places with the fewest distractions, and time to be together, perhaps Villamil is the place. That's where we went for our long weekends from time to time. Right on the beach, very small town, few amenities, few distractions beyond some good day trips for snorkeling, swimming, hiking.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

4. Re: GAdventures - Land Galapagos—Multi-Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Galapagos Islands