We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Lima after midnight

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Lima after midnight

Hi

Visiting SA in October, first stop Lima. Our flight will arrive shortly after midnight from Santiago, so by the time going through immigration etc will be after 1 am. We are not sure whether to book a taxi to hotel (Miraflores) or wait till 7 am for the airport express thus save a nights accommodation at the hotel? If we stay till dawn break is there a place we can rest a bit? I understand there are a few lounges that can be accessed by phuchasing a pass. Are they accessible if we arriving ? And how to get there? Thanks for any suggestions.

Vicky

4 replies to this topic
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
12 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Lima after midnight

I recommend to take a taxi and go to the hotel. You can take a taxi called taxi green at the airport just after you passed customs, the price to miraflores is around 60 soles (20 usd). The option to wait for bus express until 7am is not good because you wont find a good place to rest.

Edited: 23 July 2017, 21:33
Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Lima after midnight

You can also book online your transfer to your hotel, this company has very good reviews: limacabs.com/en/…1455161852-airport-transfers

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving Lima after midnight

The national lounge is available after checking in your flight

I do not think it's opened throughout the night.

People stay around the food court.

I would rather book the night at the airport hotel for a good night's rest

San Francisco...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving Lima after midnight

My husband and I are also arriving at midnight. Can we just take a taxi at the airport? Hopefully, there are taxis at that time. Do I need to arrange before hand.

Reply to: Arriving Lima after midnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted