We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

9 posts
Save Topic
One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Hello everyone,

I will spend some time in Brasov and Sibiu, and want to go Day-hiking in the forst. Do anyone know about a good one-day hiking trails near those two city's ?

I dont have a car so I need places I can get by public transportation or foot, if possible.

Thanks in edvance!

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,406 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

From Brasov you could :

- hike on foot to Poiana Brasov and back;

- take a train or bus to the resorts south of the city (Predeal, Busteni, Sinaia), from where there are numerous trails;

- take a train or bus to Zarnesti and go into the Piatra Craiului mountains;

From Sibiu

- take a bus to Paltinis resort and do a short hike in the Cindrel mountains;

- take a bus or train south along the Olt valley and briefly go into the Fagaras or Lotrului mountains;

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

From Brasov: 7 ladders canyon

Take bus 17b & in about 20 minutes you arrive at a pretty easy day hike. I would avoid if it's been rainy, though.

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Ok, thanks a lot. I really want to see the famouse romanian forests and those places seem to be what I amlooking for! Thanks ;)

TLV
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Navot,

I would say that you go the 7 ladders canyon as rhinos4eva advised , but from the top of the canyon instead of returning immediately down,you can still continue all the way up on the yellow marked route about 2-3 hours more in the forest till up the mountain and then descend back by the red marked route. It is a beautiful area and path. But choose a day with a nice weather for it, better to avoid in rainy days.

Enjoy

9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Ok that sounds like a good idea! Thanks.

TLV
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Ok.,

Here are some details:

The bus number is 17B , on the bus it is written as 17 and an oblique line crossing it.

You have to take it from the Bus station Gara Brasov ( There are 3 bus stations in Brasov, you need to take it from the one that is closest to the train station) The stop is just in front of the ticket selling cashier .

You need to buy from her a city bus ticket ( maybe you better buy two, since you need one for the way back as well. It costs 2 lei each) You need to validate this ticket on the bus, there is a special validating machine in every city bus.

You need to leave the bus at the stop calling Dambul Morii.

Here is the time timetable and the route map:

www.ratbv.ro/route/17/tour/timetable/62/

www.ratbv.ro/route/17/retour/timetable/186/

http://www.ratbv.ro/route/17/tour/

After leaving the bus you need to walk back about 150 meters and turn right into the village, then continue all the way through the village till you get to a nice area of it along a small river, From there just continue with the signs to the 7 Ladder (stairs) canyon, it is about one hour walk. When you get there you need to buy a ticket for entering the canyon ( 10 lei for adults, 5 Lei kids and students) . You need to give this ticket to the guard at the entrance of the canyon. ( All of the ladders were renewed lastly so they are safe).

After going through this canyon including climbing all of it's ladders , there is a possibility to descend back on the red marked route and back to the village and the bus stop, or, continuing up with the yellow marked route up to the Piatra Mare mountain about 2-3 hours more, this is a steep way (you will feel it) and beautiful trough the forest. You can enjoy the view up there and then make your way down via the red marked route about 3 more hours back to the village Dambul Morri and the bus stop to Brasov.

9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Thanks!

the information and details is highly appreciated!

:-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Hi dear .. can you tell me what the weather in brasov on APRIL?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,802 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

Piatra Criaului NP. But if you hike from Zarnesti, count on a long and tough dayhike.

10. Re: One-day hiking trails near brasov&sibiu ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2016, 12:17