We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing

TLV
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Border crossing

Hi,

I need some information please about crossing the border from Halmeu (Romania) to Dyakovo (Ukraine) . I plan to take the bus or train from Satu Mare to Halmeu and from there to walk to the border.

Is it permitted?

Is there a train crossing between these to border points?

What is the chance I can join to one of the cars that crossing? Is it legal?

Thnaks

Mentioned in this post
Romania
Romania
Europe
Ukraine
Ukraine
Europe
Satu Mare
Satu Mare
Satu Mare County, Romania
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,021 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Border crossing

As far as I know, you can't cross between these border stations as a pedestrian and there aren't any passenger trains on this route .

But there's a pretty high chance you'll be able to find someone that will take you along in their car .

Maramures
Level Contributor
711 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Border crossing

Its ok you can cross here but its not easy as the road from satu mare to Halmeu is about nine klm and not very used. Cirtainly no trains crossing at Halmeu or Sighet but public transport wise sighet is a much better option as there is a train station on the other side.

3. Re: Border crossing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2016, 12:18
;