We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ricotta Cheese in Nicaragua??

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Ricotta Cheese in Nicaragua??

I will be in Managua next week for Purisima at my in law's house. They want me to make Lasagna for them. Do the grocery stores carry Ricotta Cheese? We are also going to Price Mart (Costco) If anyone knows it would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Ricotta Cheese in Nicaragua??

Try queso blanco

slashfood.com/2009/…

From the comments section__

"Queso blanco is one of the easiest things to make -- all that's required is milk, vinegar and salt! I also recommend it as a ricotta replacement in lasagna -- it's very fresh tasting"

Read more: slashfood.com/2009/…ixzz1f74ZaCkV

Edited: 30 November 2011, 00:37
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
210 reviews
2. Re: Ricotta Cheese in Nicaragua??

We found some last week at La Colonia supermarket, but it is hit or miss whether they will still have it, you cannot count on stores here to consistantly carry certain items unfortunatley.

3. Re: Ricotta Cheese in Nicaragua??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:41
Get answers to your questions about Managua
Recent Conversations