We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental - P.City to David, company ? 4x4? book before?

tamarindo
3 posts
car rental - P.City to David, company ? 4x4? book before?

We (3) would like to rent a mid size car to drive from Panama City to David, starting August 9th 2007 for one week.

1. Reservation

Is it recommended to make a reservation before or could it be after arrival.

2. 4x4 needed

Do you need a 4x4 if you want to see beach areas on the way or could it be a regular car.

3. which company is reliable

I also noticed a high charge if you take it from an airport location and an additional drop off fee US$160 (arrival with plane Panama City and leaving from David with plane)

Thanks for tips and hints, but please hurry, we are almost there

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: car rental - P.City to David, company ? 4x4? book before?

Quick tip......I am not sure where tamarindo is so don't know if this will apply to you. Last year we looked into renting a car after we had arrived in Panama and it was very very expensive to do so.

This year, I rented from an online source here in the U.S.- Orbitz - and it was very cheap, so definitely from the US it is cheaper to rent PRIOR to going to Panama.

The road from PC to David is rough, but probably don't need a 4 x 4 to transverse it. Perhaps for the beach a 4 x 4 would be good. Hopefully someone else will help you with the rest of your questions. Have Fun!

2. Re: car rental - P.City to David, company ? 4x4? book before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:21