We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

Lincoln, Nebraska
1 post
Save Topic
Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

What is the best time of year to visit these places?

We will be in Boston in April and would travel down there.

Thanks

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,634 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

Nantucket has a Daffodil Festival in April. Best is really subjective and depends on what activities you are interested in.

nantucketchamber.org/enjoy/daffodil_festival…

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,402 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

According to all the visitors, July and August are the most popular. June is lovely and with longer days and many favor Sept after the crowds are gone. However you are available to visit in April so come to the Cape at that time. You may need to limit the geography a bit on your list. Of all Nantucket is the least accessible and the Sound may be too rough to cross on a ferry (can be) but you can still fly there on Cape Air (fun) if Nantucket is where you want to visit most. However, at that time of year, you may be happier with the activities and sightseeing that you can do on the Cape or just part of the Cape depending on how much time you have and what you want to see and do. Whatever you do just don't miss at least a bit of a visit now and you can come back in summer.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

For you, April. How much time do you have that you think you can see all three.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

I'd actually prefer April over mid-summers because it will be less crowded.

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

September on Nantucket is lovely. The ocean is still warm enough to swim in early September. October can be gorgeous, too, though no swimming. I've found it's still pretty cold in April most years. Please be aware not all restaurants, shops and museums will be open in April since the season hasn't begun. By season, I mean June through August, but others might disagree with my definition. Enjoy your travels. I wouldn't rule out a visit to the island in April. You'll have a different experience (perhaps better!) than a visit during the hectic summer months.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

April, honestly, is pretty cold and raw, especially on the islands. The water temperature is in the 40's and that really controls the weather. I see that the daffodil fest is in very late April. Those must be some chilly daffs.

7. Re: Nantucket, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Nantucket