We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in April?

Boston
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodations in April?

Hi!

My husband and I are thinking about taking a long weekend (Friday night through Monday) to visit Nantucket. We've never been, and are looking for a small and romantic place to stay, preferably with a view of the ocean from our room. We would like to be within walking distance of anything fun, especially bars and restaurants, and would like to not spend more than $300 per night on accommodations. Are there any hotels/inns/B&Bs that fit these criteria?

We would also like to rent bikes and explore. Is this doable in April? We're in our mid-30s and active, if that helps!

Thank you all so much!

Uni and Dragon

Mentioned in this post
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in April?

I haven't done your research for you, but believe your objectives should be easily attainable, with one caveat: Google "Nantucket Daffodil Weekend 2014." I don't know the dates. It's a big deal, and I assume it will make accommodations relatively expensive and difficult to get.

Any place in the town is within easy walking distance to the excitement you're looking for.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 20:30
Mentioned in this post
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in April?

Thanks. I've actually done lots of research, and can only find places that either are not open yet, or that cost over $400 per night. If anyone has a few names, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in April?

Did you try the Union Street Inn (www.unioninn.com)? No view of the ocean (well, there might be rooms with a bit of a water view, but not in my experience as a two-time guest), but it's a beautiful place, a couple of short blocks from the heart of town. I don't know what dates you're looking at--plenty of availability, all below $300/night, for the weekend of April 11.

Mentioned in this post
Union Street Inn
Union Street Inn
513 Reviews
Nantucket, MA
new england
Level Contributor
430 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in April?

I would drop the idea of a view of the ocean and find a place with charm, warmth, and amenities. Downtown Nantucket -- where you'd want to be in chilly April -- is all about architecture, cobblestones, and history. If you get a warm day, bike up to Tuppency links and walk the 1/2 mile or so trail through this former golf course area that leads you up to the cliff's edge for a magnificent view of the ocean/harbor/town. Or grab some coffee and go sit on one of the benches at the Boat Basin, climb up inside the tower of the First Congregational Church, and/or go to the widows walk in the Whaling Museum for varied picturesque views.

Mentioned in this post
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Whaling Museum
Whaling Museum
1,342 Reviews
Nantucket, MA
5. Re: Accommodations in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Nantucket