We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit early October / currency

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit early October / currency

Hello

I know this might seem like an odd question but is it possible to exchange sterling to romanian money at Sibiu Airport? I read on the official UK travel advice (www.gov.uk) that outside Bucharest it is very difficult to find places to change sterling. However surely this is OK at the airport bureau de change?

Thanks

BT

Mentioned in this post
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit early October / currency

Sterling (and other major currencies) can be exchanged fairly easy in any city, not just in Bucharest.

Exchange bureaus at airports usually have much lower rates than in the ciities. Use the automated exchange machine at this airport or get local money straight from ATMs.

Rugby, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit early October / currency

Easy enough to order Romanian currency online from the post office. They deliver it by courier the next day for no extra cost. I cant remember seeing an exchange place at sibiu airport, but there again, I wasnt looking. I remember seeing one in the town centre.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit early October / currency

Use ATMs to get cash.

4. Re: Visit early October / currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2016, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Sibiu