We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants / Bars etc

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants / Bars etc

I don't know if anyone has seen the official Gov advice for Budapest, but they warn you against certain restaurants and bars because they switch the menu at the end and then you get a bill for thousands of pounds/dollars i.e. it is all a scam. Budapest is reknown for these types of thing.

Is there anywhere to avoid in Sibiu like this? It will be my first time going in October and I don't want to get stung.

By the way, I had a look on the map and Sibiu airport is like dead close to the town? Must be easy to get a bus to the centre and just walk to your hotel? Fortunately alleviating the need to get a taxi!

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Old Lisbon Sibiu
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
La Cuptor
$$ - $$$, European, Deli, Central European
Syndicat Gourmet
$$ - $$$, Indian, Asian, Fusion
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants / Bars etc

Sibiu is not Budapest. No worries whatsoever.

Edited: 09 August 2015, 12:02
Mentioned in this post
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Rugby, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants / Bars etc

Sibiu is very safe and the restaurants very reasonable. I doubt if you would get ripped off.

Mentioned in this post
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants / Bars etc

I too am flying to Sibiu in October. Last time I was there I had no problems with restaurants. I've heard of this scam in Budapest. If you are unsure take a photo of the menu with your phone.

Mentioned in this post
Sibiu
Sibiu
Sibiu County, Romania
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
4. Re: Restaurants / Bars etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2016, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Sibiu