We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight desert safaris

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight desert safaris

Any good recommendations for overnight desert safaris? What are the groupon ones like? They seem a bit too cheap to be ok. Or am I best to go direct? How much can I expect to pay pp?

Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight desert safaris

Do you want overnight - as in sleep in the desert ?

Or do you want a desert safari - were you get picked up from your hotel at around 3pm, go dune bashing in the desert and then head to a camp for a barbeque, belly dancing etc and back to your htotel for 10pm

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight desert safaris

An overnight one would be great

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,865 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight desert safaris

Here are a few topics with the same questions for you to have a look at

tripadvisor.co.uk/…37093209

tripadvisor.co.uk/…42198083

tripadvisor.co.uk/…32717038

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k40…

Not sure whether you would consider the fact that you'll be spending one of the nights that you have paid for at an hotel prevents the overnight safari

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight desert safaris

Oh no I live here. My mum is staying at my accomodation.

Thanks for the information.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight desert safaris

emiratesholidays.net/overnight-desert-safari…

Me and my mum are thinking of going on it. You have to pay a 50% deposit beforehand. Is that normal? They also said it has to be in cash. I am not sure if this is standard in Dubai even though it certainly was the case in Al Ain. It does have an office in Al Satwa. They said I could pay there or they could send someone for me. It is 290 pp which is a lot cheaper than other tours but I dont know if that nessecarily means something is not right somewhere. On another post someone recently recommended them.

Talking of deposits I nearly dropped when the Palm atlantis asked me for a photocopy of my credit card and refused point blank to do it saying my details should be enough :-) I won in the end.

Edited: 08 October 2012, 22:19
Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Al Ain
Al Ain
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
6. Re: Overnight desert safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 10:18