We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doing your own laundry

Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
doing your own laundry

i don't want to pay hotel prices to have clothes washed, are there any laundromats in deira area or should i book an apartment with a washing machine & dryer.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doing your own laundry

There are plenty, depending on which part of Deira you're in, you won't have to go far to find one.

Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: doing your own laundry

I'll either stay at flora grand, sheraton creek or one of the landmark (probably grand), so are there laundromats near these 3 hotels. How do i go about finding them.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: doing your own laundry

Do you mean self service or a laundry ?

I can't honestly recall ever being able to find a self service laundry when I have looked previously for posters, what you will find is plenty of staff operated laundries because labour is so cheap.

See these topics

tripadvisor.co.uk/…28785143

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41553308

However, we may be wrong and you can find them

Edited: 07 October 2012, 14:50
Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: doing your own laundry

That would be great to get someone to do it for me but without paying hotel prices. Or I guess I could get an apartment hotel that has a washing machine in the room. Do you know any reasonable ones. Either in Deira or Bur Dubai.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,585 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: doing your own laundry

There are several in Bur Dubai, Deira and also along Sheikh Zayed Road, which would put you more central but still close to the cruise terminal.

Here's a good map. It's not to scale because it's been squashed to fit on one page and things are further than they appear but you can see the cruise terminal, Deira, Bur Dubai and Sheikh Zayed Road

bigbustours.com/eng/dubai/UploadedFiles/Duba…

As you look at the map, Deira is on the left hand side of the creek and Bur Dubai is on the right. The hotels I mention in your other post are situated :

Arabian Courtyard - oposite Dubai museum which is ine Al Fahidi fort (red flag 6) and the others are all close enough to walk to Bur Juman mall (red flag 2)

I would also look at

Winchester Grand apartments - Bur Dubai close to Bur Juman mall

Four Points Sheraton apartments - Sheikh Zayed Road

Chelsea Towers apartments - Sheikh Zayed Road

both are on the oposite side of SZR from blue flag 20

From either of the above you can be in Dubai Mall by taxi in 5 mins and there is a metro station close by to both. From here in a cab to the cruise terminal would take around 15-20 mins and cost roughly 30 dirham

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road
Sheikh Zayed Road
1,919 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Museum
Dubai Museum
6,266 Reviews
Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments
Winchester Grand Hotel...
609 Reviews
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
23,897 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: doing your own laundry

You need not look for laundromats. The maximum shops in Dubai are Laundry (who can do wash, iron or dryclean), barber, tailor, grocery, restaurants, etc. Almost all of these work everyday, even Fridays. You may not find these shops in fancy hotel boulevards, but just step out into smaller streets in town. Deira, Bur Dubai, Karama, Satwa, anywhere....

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: doing your own laundry

Thanks for all that info - I will have a look at all of these.

Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: doing your own laundry

That's great news. If I don't get an apartment, I will look for these Laundrys. Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: doing your own laundry

Thanks so much for that big bus map. That is exactly what I need to get my bearings.

10. Re: doing your own laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:17