We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

Hello,

We're going to Dubai in November for 8 nights and are looking for a nice hotel near the beach.

I've been looking for a really long time and have narrowed in on Grosvenor House as it seems to have the best value for the price.

But I have a question about the rooms - we are looking at a Deluxe Room which is in Tower One and is the cheapest on offer. I am worried that all the rave reviews are from people who stayed in upgraded rooms - can anyone advise on the quality of the plain deluxe room? Also, is it possible to get a deluxe room with a view or will it always be necessary to upgrade to get a sea view?

Upgrade to a premier room in tower two is e700, which seems like a lot?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,765 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

Nice hotel choice and with the added bonues of access to the beach at Le Royal Meridien across the road.

Not sure I'd pay an extra 700 euros for a view though. Granted a view is nice but seeing as you'll spend more time awake outside the room than asleep in it I'd save the euors to spend on something else - the deluxe rooms are nice.

Your call really

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
2. Re: Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

Thanks for your super quick response Latimer, appreciate it.

Just to be clear, the e700 extra also includes breakfast each morning, transfers from the airport and afternoon drinks, so it's not just the view. However, the real question for us is the room quality as we don't want to be stuck on the ground floor with no view and a small poor room.

Has anyone else stayed in the deluxe room who can give some feedback/views?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3. Re: Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

I dont think any rooms at the GHH would be below par, is that club facilities you are paying for , personally i thought the rooms at the GHH were some of the best in dubai, with modern decor and lux amenties all round.

The breakfast is also one of the best ive had, maybe email the hotel and ask what you would receive and can they offer a high room with balcony, if there quiet they may just upgrade you.

4. Re: Grosvenor House Deluxe Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 05:17