We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

If anyone is interested in Alpena or Northeast Lower Michigan please elt me know I would be more than willing to give you assistance on your visit to this area. It truely is a hiden gem that you don't want to miss.

Montague, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
88 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

Heading there tomorrow, for the weekend. Suggestions are welcome for places to eat and things to do......

Thanks!

Suburban Detroit
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

I'm looking for information on the Camper's Cove RV park and Livery. My family goes camping each year with a group of friends and this is the chosen location for this year. I can't find any reviews on the campground and thought this might be a good place to ask. Do you know anything about it?

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

Yes, I am familiar with it. It is a very nice and clean campground with plenty of activites on site for all ages. There are also plenty of things to do in and around Alpena to keep all ages happy.

If you click on the link below it will take you a website about the campground.

http://www.michcampgrounds.com/camperscove/

If you have any other questions just ask

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

We are thinking about renting a lake cottage/cabin/home the week of July 11, 2010. Looking at Grand Lake right now. We have a 12 year old son, his friend, and two very well behaved dogs that love the water. We will be bringing our fishing boat, and plan on a lot of fishing. We may also want to do some hiking and sight-seeing. Any suggestions? Input?

Edited: 10 March 2010, 06:57
Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

I have fished Grand Lake alot but never have rented a cottage on the lake and don't know of any. I am sure there are some available, I would contact the ALpena Chamber of Commerce for info on cottage rentals. As far as hicking there are alot of trails in the area. The Presque Isle lighthouse has some trails and some interesting nautical history. Another close area to visit would be Bell Bay Natural area. They have some hcking trails and some good fishing.

Hope this helps

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

Thank you for all the information. We found a cottage/resort in Presque Isle on Grand Lake. Plan is to fish a lot, and let the boys swim, but will also be checking out the Besser Bell Nature Preserve along Lake Huron, the NOAA museum, and hunting for lighthouses. Any suggestions for quaint, hole-in-the-wall gems to take in an early breakfast or late dinner are welcome!

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

On the west side of Grand lake there is a place called Fireside Inn, its over a 100 years old and they serve family style dinners, YOu must make reservations, all the food is home cooked, they normally only have 1 or two choices each day but the food is awsome.

Zeeland, Michigan
7 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

We will be in the area 6/19-16,2010, and looking for some interesting things to see and do. Also interested in special out of the way places. We will staying on Long Lake but would like some input on attractions, restaurants, etc. Basically anything you can provide will be helpful. Thanks,

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

I made a post about a day trip this July 2010. Would love your suggestions.

20. Re: Alpena Michigan the secret of the north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 16:30
Get answers to your questions about Alpena
Recent Conversations