We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

martinez
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

We were on holiday for over three weeks at some 5 star places but this was by far was my favorite spot. It goes down the Chobe River. Norman runs the boat and our guide for the three days was Robert. Both were exceptional. Everything was so far beyond our expectation including the food which was some of the best of our whole trip. But it was the amount of big 5 animals we saw from the comforts of our boat that was the amazing part. It was like we were co-existing with all of nature and it's glory. And the sunsets omg. You must book really early.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

I have been trying to review the Pride since we visited in June 2014 but could not work out how to add a listing. So glad you have started one as i could not agree more, it was a real highlight of our trip to Botswana. Norman and Marisa (can remember the spelling sorry) are the perfect host and Robert our guide to was such a pleasure to spend time with, he has such a wonderful eye for birds. It feel like completely different experience from the Jeep safari so peaceful and quite you can really relax. We went as a couple so had a tender boat to ourselves so were able to take our time with sightings rather than the normal list ticking.

I cannot recommend the Pride of Zambezi highly enough and cannot wait to return

London
Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

How did you post your review? I have the same problem, I want to say how much we enjoyed the Pride of Zambesi, but cannot find where to post my review.

martinez
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

Beside here you could also post on their Facebook page..

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,295 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

TA does not list travel agencies, online booking sites, cruises, or multi-day tours for reviews. The forum is the best place to add information or a review.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

This seem silly as the Pride is just the same as any of the safari lodges, it just happens to be on the water

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
529 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

I spent 2 nights on the Pride of Zambezi in April 2015. We did 3 different safaris on our southern Africa trip and the houseboat stay was my favorite. seeing the animals at the river from the river was amazing. A totally different viewpoint than from the riverbank in Chobe NP.

The service on Pride of Zambezi was outstanding. The safari "drives" on the small boats got us fairly close to the hippos and crocs. Food was excellent. Rooms were very comfortable, plenty of storage, good sized bathroom.

People come and go from the boat everyday so there is an interesting mix of guests to talk with. It's like one big happy family on the boat.

Please TR list this under specialty accommodations so the company gets the exposure they deserve.Also, it is actually in Namibia not Botswana.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

I also had the best time of my life spending two nights on the Pride of Zambezi. I was fortunate to have the room on the top deck and one afternoon I could lie on my bed and watch the elephants on the land kept getting up to watch them The room was very spacious and bed very comfortable with an outside viewing deck. The food was really very good and chef Jane took real pride in her work. The safaris on water were a real highlight. One trip was three hours long the time went by so quickly. Saw LOTS of elephants and Hippos crocodiles, birds baboons, monkeys and even an elusive leopard.for one night I was the only person on board and the staff specially the Manager Lally looked after me well even joining me for meals so I did not feel lonely. Victor my guide was superb and did not rush any of the viewings so I took lots of photographs and did lots of watching even waiting some time for that leopard to come down from a tree( which he did not). The whole trip came to an end all too soon and I will never forget it. Hope to return again

martinez
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

Glad to hear the boat was still in exsistance. We heard last year in could be sold. Maybe it was but glad the new owner continue as usual. Do you know what happened to Norman the previous manager? Glad to hear Jane was still there. She is the best cook. Of my 2 week trip to Afrcia the Pride of Zambezi is the place that stays with me the most and that I can't wait to do it again. Do you see Robert? He was our wonderful guide.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

Apparently one of the owners died and the partner amalgamated with someone else. They renamed the boats now Zambezi Queen and the other boats are Princess1, 2,and 3 but at the moment are still known by their original name. I don't know the other people you mentioned, maybe they were having their breaks. I think the Pride of Zambezi has spoiled me for the rest of my trip. It was just the best experience

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pride of Zambezi houseboat.

Can you please send the specifics of your recommendations for the Zambezi houseboat? Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Laurie

Get answers to your questions about Kasane