We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still possible to do a full day game drive?

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Still possible to do a full day game drive?

Hi,

I was just wondering if companies still offer full day game drives out of Kasane? Looking at a lot of websites they all seem to mention them but when it comes to prices they only seem to show prices for the 3 hours drives.

Thanks

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

Yes they do. Try www.steenboksafari.com .

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

Yes, most offer full day game drives. You must specifically ask them to quote you for a full day game drive.

Because the mid-day in the bush is hot and animals are more scarce over this time - the operators generally have more clients doing 3 hour game drives. Once in the early morning and again in the late afternoon. (6 hours in total). However, with the full day game drive, you can go out further/reach further areas so it is worth it and most of them will offer this (but quote on an individual basis. Email them to ask, most will get back to you with a price.

Reading, England
Level Contributor
158 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

I have just booked an all day private safari with these guys at a good rate for October, I emailed them and they replied within 24 hours:

http://www.kalaharichobe.com/

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

Just an update for anyone else interested. Steenbok didn't reply to emails but in the end I went with The Old House where I was staying as some other guests wanted to do the full day trip too. So glad I did it, you get to go right into the reserve and saw a lot more than the 3 hour drives (which I also did). Recommend doing the full day and also with the Old House. Their guides Rocky and Sox are superb

5. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 17:35
6. Re: Still possible to do a full day game drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2016, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Kasane