We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasane to VicFalls Zimbabwe with 4x4 rental

Italy
Level Contributor
219 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Kasane to VicFalls Zimbabwe with 4x4 rental

I need a straight, direct answer from someone please: we are in Senyati Safari Camp near the Zimbabwe border post end Aug 2015. Afterwards, we want to enter Zimbabwe with our 4x4 Rental Car (Windhoek numberplate) and stay in VicFalls for 2 nights. I get very different feedback from "its very expensive, pre book your accommodation in VicFalls otherwise you pay more to enter, rather use a transfer" etc. We do have our rental cars, why not go with them? and nobody tell me what the costs are to enter Zim and the procedures......exactly! Certainly there is a STANDARD! Anybody who passed this road recently in the same circumstances, please tell me what to do! And what NOT to do!

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kasane to VicFalls Zimbabwe with 4x4 rental

I believe the fees below are up-to-date. However. it will save you money if you arrange with Senyati to leave your vehicle in their camp and take a transfer to Vic Falls. If you are like me, you won't be so disturbed by the cost difference if you camp at VF, do a bit of your own shopping and cooking, and like having your own transportation. Besides, if you paid for accommodation and go to restaurants, the differences could fizzle away fairly quickly.

Diesel is currently about ~1.28-$1.38/L

The Municipal campsite is where people generally camp is safe, and literally close to most everything. Overland trucks stop there too. www.vicfallsrestcamp.com/

FEES AND CHARGES PAYABLE at the border:

Each vehicle has to pay for a Gate pass, road access fee, 3rd party insurance, & carbon tax

Gate pass & road access fee - $20

3rd Party Insurance Light vehicle - $30

3rd Party Insurance trailer - $15

Carbon Tax (varies with engine capacity) –

less than 1500cc - $6

exceeding 1500cc but not exceed2000cc -$11

2000cc but not exceeds 3000cc - $15

Exceeds 3000cc - $30

All rental Vehicles pay $50 extra fee for Commercial Vehicle Guarantee.

And don't forget your visa costs too.

Italy
Level Contributor
219 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kasane to VicFalls Zimbabwe with 4x4 rental

Thank you very very much there from Zambia! Excellent feedback and this is why I love TA. It gives me a good indication and I agree, going for one day of course transfer! For 2 nights, we will decide TODAY!!!! Grazie mille!!!!!!!!

3. Re: Kasane to VicFalls Zimbabwe with 4x4 rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2016, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Kasane