We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old House Kasane

Perth
Level Contributor
85 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Old House Kasane

This accommodation was recommended to us by friends who gave us Old House Kasane's website, email address and phone number. The website says it has malware and might damage my PC if opened, the email (theoldhouse@botsnet.bw) bounced and today I tried to call them and the number I called (++27 762525762) was 'incorrect' despite appearing in numerous places on the internet. I then pulled up another website which looked like Old House Kasane's own and where I could supposedly lodge a booking enquiry. Another company replied saying they wanted to recommend a different place of 'comparable value'. Is a rival business trying to sabotage The Old House? Clearly, it's still in operation as it's bookable via Booking.com, Agoda etc. Can anyone give me any recent contact details please? A referral via WOM is the old-fashioned way of getting business and I believe they are deserving of mine. I'm particularly determined not to go through alternative sources since I first heard of this place via a personal contact.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old House Kasane

Well heaven help your hard drive and I question your motives pursuing this. However, you seem on a mission so be it on your head. I also question the intent of this post !

Perth
Level Contributor
85 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old House Kasane

Question away stargaize. Not that I believe I need to justify anything to you but the reason is simply that my friends highly recommend this place and I don't particularly want to pay the extra freight to book through a third party. (I notice you've also plugged a few alternative suggestions however).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old House Kasane

I do not plug nor do I have vested interests .I have NO idea what on earth extra freight means to book accommodation, however I think a closed topic would be a good idea .And I do offer unbiased unsolicted advice and so do the people I have mentioned . I suggest you take your friends advice and not bother asking here !

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old House Kasane

The Old house is operating phone +267 625 2562 Power has been bad this weekend in Botswana. The email is maybe bouncing back as its a botsnet email and they have been having problems with the servers. These other companies that have websites with names of the establishments are unfortunately becoming a problem.

Anton Lelobu

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old House Kasane

Just for more info, the following websites are NOT waterlily . These companies are not even based in Botswana, and cause quite some problems and confusion.

madbookings.com/botswana/kasane/water-lily-l…

http://www.waterlilylodge.com/

This is

http://www.janalatours.com/en/contact.html

Anton

Mannheim
Level Contributor
95 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old House Kasane

Hi bilasukari,

we have been in the Old House 2 times and will there there again this year for 6 nights.

The email is : reservations@oldhousekasane.com

Yes I saw that they had problems with their website, but now it works

I could really recommend the Old House, it is not a typical safari lodge, but good accomodation.

7. Re: Old House Kasane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Kasane