We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking Water

Is it necessary to only use bottled water at Chobe Safari Lodge, Kasane

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water

tape water is said to be safe for drinking in botswana. but to be on the safe side especially when you are a tourist who is not used to our water quality, I suggest you buy purified bottled water.

Chris

Owner Kalahari Breeze Safaris

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water

Like Chris T. said, the tap water in Botswana is generally safe, but I always do drink bottled water and use bottled water when brushing my teeth (this last step probably is not needed, but I prefer to always play it safe!). Eating salads, etc is usually fine. I was just in Botswana for a few weeks and had no problems whatsoever.

Jenny Mikkelson, Vice-President, Travel Beyond

3. Re: Drinking Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Kasane