We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Hi does anyone know the how I go about finding out the cost of a taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas . I have searched the net with no luck

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

That must be pretty costly. Its about three hrs away. Why not take bus?

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

if we take the bus we may miss our flight out to Santiago

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Please note that buses run from 6 am until very late at night and it stops at the airport.

Anyway, i suggest you instead of a taxi, to contact a local tour operator there such as COMAPA, TURISMO LAGO GREY, PATAGONIA PLANET.

They will provid you with rates for this service and are reliable companies.

HK
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Could you please let me know those bus company names and contacts from Natales to Punta Arenas Airport? What time it will get the airport if the bus leaving 6am from Natales?

Many Thanks!

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Hi,

the bus we took was "Buses Fernandez".

The bus takes 3h as people wrote before. This is their website also with contact info.

http://www.busesfernandez.com/

Lincoln, Nebraska
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Hi,

Does anyone know how reliable these buses are? I'm looking at catching th3 3:00pm bus from Las Torres National Park which should arrive in Puerto Natales at 5:00pm and then take the 5:00pm bus from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas. That would get me to the airport around 8:00pm and my flight is leaving at 10:40pm. It's cutting it all close so I'm not sure if it will work or not. Any advice? Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
33,416 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

I think the buses are reliable, but if your first bus is one minute late.....

Why not get an earlier bus?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,432 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

In general the buses are reliable but you cannot expect Swiss timekeeping in Patagonia. The bus you take from the park to Puerto Natales may not end at the same place the bus to Punta Arenas starts. Since one arrives at the same time as the other one leaves, you need to rethink your plan.

Lincoln, Nebraska
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Thanks! I'm thinking renting a car from Punta Arenas may be our better bet so we can leave a bit earlier if we need. We're going in winter (june/july) so there are not as many bus options and so far I've only found one daily bus that leaves the park for Puerto Natales- and that's the 3:00pm bus. It is on the same bus company as the 5:00 one heading from Puerto Natales back to Punta Arenas, but I'd rather not risk it.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas

Hello, we are planning on taking the 2:45am flight from Santiago to Punta arenas on October 29th.. Buses Fernandez has a 7:30 departure... Any idea if the bus stops at airport and if one can purchase tickets that very morning for two? Also are there taxis available at that hour to bring us to bus Fernandez terminal? Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Punta Arenas