We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hi guys, I am flying 23 april to bangkok with a transit in Xiamen airport of 13 hours.

I was wondering what I can do in those 13 hours.

Is it possible for me to go to the city? is it possible for me to get out of the airport? if yes what should I do or where should I go to entertain myself for 13 hours. I'm with my girlfriend.

Thanks guys!

20 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hi ! I am also transiting in xiamen for 13 hours in December w an 8 and a 6 year old. I am arriving at 5:30 am and planning to go to Gulangyu's Island first thing. What time would be the 1 ferry into the island?

What else would you recommend me to do? Read that the South Putuo Temple close to the xiamen university was worth exploring. Would I have enough time to do everything?

Also, read that there is a hop on/hop off bus in the city. is this information accurate?

Re Money, how much should I take for the day being 3?

Thanks in advance

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hello, would anyone know whether it is possible to stay overnight at the airport? I have a 9 hour stop-over with my flight arriving at 10:00pm.

Edited: 17 November 2016, 17:55
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

How much money is enough for one day layover?? Can I stay overnight at the airport!?? I fly from seattle to Kuala Lumpur with 20 hours transit in xiamen.. will be arrived in xiamen at 9 pm.

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hi I have 14 hours stopover in Xiamen - arrive 5:30 am - already done gulanyu and nudist south Putuo in another trip. What else would you recommend me to do??

Colorado
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hello,

Lots of questions regarding layovers......

Anyone with knowledge on this topic please add to this. I am considering a flight with 22-hour layover.

Hotel recommendation for this layover and does Xiamen Airlines provide a hotel for such a long layover?

Thanks

Grenoble, France
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hi,

I am travelling to Xiamen for a 12h transit in May. Knowing that I hold French passeport, do I need a VISA ? I have been trying to gather information from the ambassy and the airline however no-one seems to have a clear answer. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Esther

Bacoor, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Xiamen Airline provides hotel accommodation but not the transportation

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Do we need Chinese VISA to go into the city?

Canberra...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

Hey guys, we have12 hours stop over at Xiamen, We are Australian Citizen, do we need to get visa to to enter Xiamen? We plan to go around Xiamen during our short stop over.

1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport

To all asking if they need a VISA in Xiamen, it's not that hard to find the information you need on google. look here:

https:/…

Reply to: Transit 13 hours Xiamen airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted