We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for China, travelling from the UK

Southampton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa for China, travelling from the UK

I am booked to attend a 6 day conference in Shenzhen in July. I know that I need a visa to visit China. The conference organisers suggested that one of the ways to obtain a visa is to ask a travel agent to arrange for a tourist visa. Does anyone know of a travel agent who can provide this service please?

I have contacted Thomas Cook and they don't do it.

I'm trying to avoid going through the alternative route of applying through the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre myself as, after my experience of applying for a Russian visa, this takes so much time!

6 replies to this topic
West Yorks
Level Contributor
951 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

I got mine back within 7 days of applying through the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre - and that was via post.

Edited: 27 March 2017, 20:00
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
769 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

I've always got mine back very quickly too, applying through Manchester.

If you're travelling on a British passport, are entering from Hong Kong, and only plan to visit Shenzhen, then you could get the Visa on Arrival. It's good for only six days/five nights though, so you might have to make another round trip into HK to get a second visa.

https:/…service.htm

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

You can use the official Visa Application Center of the embassy of China in London (direct or by post) or use and agency. There is a step by step guide available on the web page:

https://www.visaforchina.org/LON_EN/

In China, travel agencies are supporting visa applications. In UK there are visa agencies. You can google it or use the search function of the forum. The agencies support you in sending the documents in, but charge a premium for it.

India
Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

Hola,

Please check the link i have got for you and if this is helpful.

chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/…t1021833.htm

if any query ping me up

Kev

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

For a tourist visa, you can apply on Monday and collect on Wednesday. It's very simple.

However you're not going as a tourist, so you might want to check exactly what you need.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for China, travelling from the UK

Hello, you can try this agent

http://www.trailfinders.com/visas/china-visa

Reply to: Visa for China, travelling from the UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted