We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen Spa

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Queen Spa

Hi all,

I will be in Shenzhen for a couple of nights next week and will be staying at the Shangri-La LuoWu.

When I was there a few years ago, my HK friend took me to the Queen Spa and I really liked it. I would like to go there to chill out for a few hours.

I seem to remember a shuttle bus from the border station. Does this still run? Would it be feasible to visit the spa, not being able to speak Mandarin?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,027 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queen Spa

Don't know about a shuttle but it is just a 20-minute walk from your hotel.

Whether you can manage without Mandarin, only you know the answer. You should know how the place works.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queen Spa

I've been there several times. The last time, I was staying at this same hotel, Shenzhen Luohu Shangri-La. The concierge called Queen Spa, who sent over a limo at no charge. They took me back to the hotel afterwards as a courtesy. (At no charge.)

So you should first go to the hotel and check in. Let them call you the courtesy van (or limo.) Don't go directly from the border. (The hotel is only a short walk from the border crossing; less than 5 minutes.)

This is explained on the spa's (English language) website.

Edited: 24 July 2017, 09:43
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queen Spa

You could also just spend the night at the spa. That's a popular thing for HK visitors to do. It's a good place to eat. Lots of dining options, some included in the cost of admission and others not.

Mermaid Beach
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queen Spa

You will be OK at Queens Spa without English, I understand it's easy to go with what you know but it is one of the older spas in Shenzhen. There are several newer ones in the Futian CBD area. And yes, there are still courtesy buses from Louhu in the basement/carpark area of the border building. Have fun.

Reply to: Queen Spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted