We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

Batangas City...
1 post
Save Topic
Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

We bought a pair of rings here (18k gold they told us), turned out when we came back here in the philippines the jewelries we bought has no value.

I read a few comments here that some had there money back.

Can you help me out. How can I get my money back, I'm very disappointed with what happened.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

You live and learn - I didn't know there was a Shenzhen Imperial Culture Museum, and after looking it up I don't think it exists now. Sorry you got ripped off but I don't think that there's any way you'll see your money again.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

Try to find the other threads about this scam and contact your tour operator who brought you there. I am sure you did not go there on your own as this "museum" is not popular nor easy to find.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,389 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

The "Imperial Culture Museum" is nothing but a compulsory shopping stop on many of the SZ tours, which has a few bits & bobs on permanent display. Lots of display cases of "antiques", craftwork and replica stuff at the normal grossly inflated prices.

Expect your tour group to be stuck there for 1 hour to 90 minutes.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

I didn't even know that there were tours of SZ until I saw one mentioned on here a few months back. Then I looked them up and we had a good giggle. Some are hilarious.

Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

I normally stayed away from anything says imperial or culture in China....

Make antiques part of that list too.

6. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 13:35
San Fernando La...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

Hello!

We have the same experience with this company last June 13, 2016 ... we bought several jewelries, but when it was appraised here in the Philippines, it was found out that there is no value also ..

May we just ask what action did you do .. and were they able to get you back? ... any remedy? ...

Please advice us ...

Thank you.

Ms. Jess Ayson

La Union

Laguna Province...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

Sad to say that I was also deceived by that establishment.Where you able to refund your money?tnx

9. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 May 2017, 15:54
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shen Zhen Imperial culture museum

We went here end of March 2017 as part of a day tour from HK to Shenzhen. Bought a necklace from this establishment which was supposedly jade and white gold but, after having it checked by a trusted jeweler 2 days after our return to hometown, turned out item’s value was way below price of what I paid for. So I refunded the item by: 1) emailing our tour operator and asking for their assistance. Fortunately they were helpful and timely. 2) I had to send back the jewelry, supposed “certification” and credit card charge slip to the tour operator's HK office. Latter took care of contacting this establishment and returning item from HK to Shenzhen. My card was credited back with the correct and full amount. Transaction time took about 3 weeks. Not sure though how it will work if you paid in cash.