We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi apps in China

Kota Kinabalu...
9 posts
Save Topic
Taxi apps in China

Do you have "grab car " or "grab taxi " service in shanzhen or guangzhou? If no, what are the other similar local apps available there? I heard you cant use google related service in China.

17 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,868 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi apps in China

They use Chinese apps such as Didi.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi apps in China

Didi is a Chinese app that's most used. You can also use Uber, but I find if you don't have a Chinese number its difficult or impossible to get a ride (typically the drivers call first)

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi apps in China

Didi is the world's biggest car ride service, a million rides a day in one city. Works same as uber, use app to request and pay for rides. But you need to speak the language, have payment setup on your phone. You can find the app in your phone App Store, free. Everybody in China use wechat and didi.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi apps in China

Funny story I read, didi founder couldn't afford to pay the guy who wrote the app, he offered him shares, but guy only wanted real money, he could be a billionaire today, but he is still writing programs.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi apps in China

I used mychinataxi.com get a cab and their operation staff really helped me with the local driver. Car is good. I suggest you can use it in China.

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi apps in China

DIDI is the biggest taxi app in China,if we go out want to be fast and cheap,we use DIDI.

also if your mobile have uber App,you can call car via UBER,but it is come the car from DIDI.

Uber is part of DIDI now in China, but most of the drivers from the add don't speak English.

if you go out from factory visits ,find a english speaking driver is the best way for you. I recommend Michael,He speaks good English and know about the markets and factories.

guangzhoudriver.com/Driver-with-car.htm

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi apps in China

i saw there is a airport shuttle bus from airport to guangzhou railway station late night also,can any one pls let me know what would be charges from guangzhou railway station to wangshengwei mtr sttaion by taxi

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi apps in China

Hi I used a new taxi app called mychinataxi, you can search it on IOS app or google play. it works fine! English speaking and easy to use!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi apps in China

Why you would need a taxi app in SZ or GZ? Just hail a taxi. There are thounsands...

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,868 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi apps in China

Old thread that Raymond revived to promote his app.

Reply to: Taxi apps in China
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shenzhen