We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien help please!

Kent
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien help please!

Finally decided to try Dahab after 5 years of going to Naama Bay, so have booked Le Meridien as really want more relaxed holiday. Would be really helpful to know if you need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve chairs on the beach (would rather not!) and if standard rooms have tea/coffee making facilities.

Thank you!

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien help please!

I stayed at Le Meridien in March last year and the Hotel was only about 20-30% full so we had no problems with sun loungers. There's a few big pools and also several beds and "pods" on the beach so I think there would be enough to go around even when it was busy.

Sorry, I can't remember if there are tea/coffee facilities in the room.

notts
Level Contributor
20 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien help please!

Hi, we went to Le Meridien Dahab in March this year. Yes there are tea/coffee facilities in the rooms so no need to take your own kettle.

With sunbeds we stayed by the pools mainly and the pool guys saved us beds each day in a prime position (whether we tipped or not) so we never had to get up early. We usually went on the beach later on in the day but there was always a sunbed free.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Enjoy your holiday!

Kent
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien help please!

Thank you both so much! Terrible to be so lazy but guess that is what holidays are all about - and we can have our early morning cuppa!

Bodmin, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien help please!

Hello, I have just read your report on Dehab. We thinking of going to Egypt for the winter Janto march next year. We just want a nice quiet location with a nice hotel. I have read so many conflicting reports about htel cleanliness and poor foor that i am wondering if Egypt is such a good idea. We are both in our 70's and like the sunshine in the inter. We usually stya inclusive. If you were aour age what would you think? Thank you

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien help please!

Le Meridien is lovel hotel, there's certainly no problem with cleanliness.

It's not in the centre of Dahab, you'd have to get a taxi or use the hotel bus to go into town, although if you want peace and quiet it would be perfect.

I'm not sure if they do all inclusive but I believe there's a half board option available.

notts
Level Contributor
20 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien help please!

Hello, I'm sure you will enjoy Egypt and Le Meridien in Dahab if you go. The hotel is in a quiet area and very clean. The food is fine, buffet style and you can go into Dahab in the hotel shuttle or a taxi for not much cost for restaurants. We have been to Egypt a few times and have never had a problem with food, my advice is simply to avoid salads.

7. Re: Le Meridien help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Dahab
Recent Conversations