We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gambia Advice!

Level Contributor
84 posts
43 reviews
Gambia Advice!

Me and my boyfriend are 23 years old and visiting Gambia for the first time. We are very interested in seeing the Gambian way of life and getting involved with as much as possible.

I am just wondering if there are any suggestions about what we can do and how we go about doing it? and costs :).

We are also interested in visiting Senegal, visiting the river, Wildlife, Football and much more!

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Gambia Advice!

l've private messaged you about Lfc themes in the Gambia

Have fun

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Gambia Advice!

Unsure if you have travelled yet but if not hope the following is helpful.

We went in December 2013 and had some fantastic days out with Arch Tours. Have a look at their web site.

You will see why they have won an award of 'Excellence' again this year.

We are going back this November and I will email for a list of trips and prices before we go so we can roughly plan what we want to do including going to Senegal. This will help with knowing how much spending money we will need.

Enjoy its a wonderful place. We can't wait to return.

Level Contributor
84 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Gambia Advice!

Thanks no not yet January we go!! Has the Ebola virus calmed down a bit? Can't wait to go now :)

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Gambia Advice!

Don't forget you now need a visa for Senegal which adds to the cost.

Where are you staying? Beware of Bumsters but get to know the staff where you are and ask one politely if you can visit them at their compound. I think you will be surprised at the poverty but the fantastic welcome you will get.

Enjoy.

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
5. Re: Gambia Advice!

Get yourself to Kersering market ,then head up the tarmac road to the top turn left and keep walking till you hit a place called serekunda ,its a good walk and you WILL see as much of local life to last you a lifetime ,if you manage to get yourselves lost just ask for directions to serekunda market ,if it gets a bit overwhelming for you just stop one of the hundreds of taxis and say you want to go back to your hotel if its in the Senegambia area it will cost you around 150 Dalasi about two quid they will say its more but just stick to your guns if they wont agree walk away and find one that will ,Say helo to all the people sitting around passing the time of day and everyone will smile and say the same back to you ,the secret is confidence don't be frightend of talking to them they love it ,

Level Contributor
84 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Gambia Advice!

Thanks for the advice showed my boyfriend he said it sounds great! And we're not shy of a conversation that's for sure haha! The more the merrier haha!!

Thionville, France
Level Contributor
58 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Gambia Advice!

If you are thinking of Senegal, you'd better have a look at the visa conditions, we used to go every year getting the visa on arrival in Senegal, but last year they were going to a biometric visa which you had to get at their embassy ( 300 km for us ). Don't know if its still the case or whether they've changed it again. The old visa used to be free, they were going to charge for the new embassy issued one.

8. Re: Gambia Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Kololi
Recent Conversations