Booking for Leelan express opens 30 days before.
Train Ticket Please
Oh, I did not know on this. Thanks for the information. I am pinning on this piece of information as I dont have any other option to travel.
Yes .. Leelan express advance reservation is only 30 days.
I wanted to book tickets for Sep-25 , logged into IRCTC portal on Aug-26 at 10 AM ..
AC-III tier was already sold out !
Tried booking sleeper class(SL) but it shows "Unavailable" .. SL class is open for reservation only till Sep-1 .
Not sure how SL can be reserved for dates after Sep-1.
Chair Car (2S) is available but this is definitely going to be tiring for such a long journey.
Appreciate any help here !
Looks like Indian railways has read my post here :)
Advance reservation for SL opened today !
This Jaisalmer attractions list may help you to decide what to do while you are here:
* Maharaja palace - Opening hours in summer and winter 9am to 5pm
* The Jain Temples - Indians 8am to 1pm, foreigners 11am to 3pm
* Laxminath temple
* war museum
* Patwa Haveli – Opening time 8am to 5pm, Museum opening times 9am to 6pm
* Salam Singh Ki Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm
* Nathmal Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm
* Gadisagar Lake (boating can be done here)
* Mandir Palace museum, Opening time 8am to 6pm
* Folklore Museum, near the lake, Opening hours 8am to 6pm
*. Desert Culture Museum, Opening in the evening
* Thar Heritage Museum near Gandhi chock, Opening hours 9am to 9 pm
* Bada Bagh (maharaja cenotaphs)
*. Amar Sagar (Jain temple)
*. Lodurva (Jain temples)
* Kuldhara (Deserted village)
* Sam and Khuri dunes. (Camel ride, spend night or sunset)
*Tanot and Longewala