We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

Trying to choose between Pesona Beach and Kubu Hotel to stay in Kuta (Legian Area) for 4 nights in march.

These are the two ive narrowed it down to - both have similar good reviews on tripadvisor and decent guest/traveller (not professional) photos.

Anyone want to sway me in either direction?

Large room at pool level at Pesona with A/C, int cable tv and small fridge (i do like a fridge) 270,000 p/n

Pool View Fan Room at Kubu - 175,000 p/n

What could i do with the extra 95,000 IDR per day? I usually go to thailand (and stay in similar quality / priced rooms) but, im not sure about prices in bali for drinks, food, etc.

Cheers, Kelly

Mentioned in this post
Kubu at Mandapa
Kubu at Mandapa
684 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Poppies Bali
Poppies Bali
#1 of 256 hotels in Kuta
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#7 of 256 hotels in Kuta
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
#8 of 256 hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

I realise this is an old post but I only just noticed it. Kubu hotel looks really nice and I would love to stay there but no fridge I think. I suppose you could buy ice from the convenience store but it's a question of how you feel about a fridge.

Persona is in a good location but unless things have changed have no security boxes which put me off. perhaps you could ask them about that or perhaps it doesn't bother you. All things being equal I think I would vote for Persona, due to the fridge thing.

Mentioned in this post
Kubu at Mandapa
Kubu at Mandapa
684 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

Post is only 10days old lol.

Yeah, i like having a fridge too.... but if i saved almost 100,000 rupiah per day then i could spend that on lots of cold drinks and not need the fridge. You can get a fridge in the most expensive rooms in Kubu i think..... need to recheck.

Mentioned in this post
Kubu at Mandapa
Kubu at Mandapa
684 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

have checked out both and prefer Pesona another to look at is kedins Inn towards beach just stayed there for 250,000rp per night single with breakfast

4. Re: Kuta: Pesona Beach Inn or Kubu Hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 18:21