We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

Can anybody tell me if the Bali 30-day holiday visa that you get on arrival at the airport can be paid in Aussie dollars or must it be in US dollars? Also, our return flight only leaves at 1am and we have to check out of the hotel by 12 midday. Is there anywhere safe and secure that we can leave our luggage for 12 hours?

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

Yes, your visa on arrival can be paid in Australian $ and you will get the change in Rupiah.

There is a small hard to find baggage storage at the airport between the International arrivals and departures but most hotels will let you keep your luggage there until it is time to go to the airport. Just check out and ask them to store your luggage.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

You can pay VOA in AUD. It's easy and stress free. I would either pay for an extra nt at your hotel or at least a 6pm check out. If it is not a budget hotel get a cheapie in Tuban for the day and stay until 10pm . I did this at the green Garden, it was a basic room, but I did some shopping, had a good massage and light dinner and the hotel even take you to the airport free of charge. I prefer this than not being able to shower and change and just relax a while before a flight. You can get a room for as little as $35.00.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

I agree with linda ....at least you get to have a shower b4 you leave after sweating all day and for the small price , its totally worth it !

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

Thanks all. Great idea to get a cheapie hotel Linda - will definitely do that.

5. Re: Bali Visa & Luggage lock-up ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Kuta