We are a group of 10 females visiting Bandung for the first time. It's our girlfriend annual trip - perfect excuse to ditch our husbands and kids for a few days:-} We will arrive early morning of May 30th and depart morning of June 3rd. Am thinking to get a driver + van for either 3 or 4 full days. Here's my preliminary itinerary and will appreciate any input from you guys. Here goes ...
May 30 (Wed)
early arrival and pick-up from Bandung Airport
Kawah Putih, Situ Patengan and Ciwidey
evening shopping possible??
May 31 (Thu)
Tangkuban Perahu (noted that we should avoid going down to the crater) and vicinity
Saung Angklung Udjo
evening shopping again?
June 1 (Fri) - not sure about this one
Leather shopping at this place near Garut?
June 2 (Sat) - full day shopping
June 3 (Sun) - early departure
1. Do we need the driver + van for June 2? Or does it make more sense for us to find a hotel near the shopping district and just walk till we drop that day?
2. Considering we'll be spending our evening shopping, where will be a good location to base ourselves. i.e. hotel?
3. Not really sure about itinerary for June 1st. Personally I will love to explore Papandayan but not everyone in the group is into hiking. Not sure if it's worth going all the way to Garut if it' not for the outdoor and another volcano. If we drop Garut and do 2 days in Bandung city, is there any other activity to do besides shopping? Cooking class?
4. I know recommendation is not allowed in this forum but am not getting much traction looking for a nice and professional urut and spa place Yes, most hotels will have this service but we'll like to know other options available too. Leads anyone?
5. We'll like to have a couple of nice meals. Preferably authentic Sundanese fare that the locals or the city folks from Jakarta would flock to. I cannot find anything online so have to resort to this ... recommendation please?
6. If we were to go to just one distro shopping venue, where would that be?
7. What is a good time to visit Paris Van Java? Evening or day time?
8. I have read much about traffic jams and noise over the weekend. Will it be better to do our shopping first (May 30) and get out of the city during the weekend?