We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandung-jakarta

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bandung-jakarta

Hi! My friends and I will be going around bandung. On our last day (a wednesday) we plan to leave bandung early, maybe 10am, to go explore jakarta for half a day before going to the airport (our flight leaves 12mn). We were advised to go to monas since there are lots of tourist spots nearby. We will ride the shuttle van from bandung to jakarta. Now my questions are:

1. what's the nearest drop off point to monas?

2. Is monas, mosque, museums around the area a good suggestion for our limited time?

3. Or do we just skip jakarta and stay in bandung the whole day then go straight to the airport?

Thank you for all your help! :)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandung-jakarta

1) I am not too sure about shuttle van drop off points, but taking the train to Jakarta (Gambir) is the nearest stop to Monas.. The station is just right next to Monas..

2) Are you sure that you want to carry all your bags and go to all the attractions in Jakarta.. It will be very troublesome IMO.. It is not a pedestrian and tourist friendly city..

3) If you still insist on going to jakarta.. have a look at MONAS, Istiqlal mosque, National Museum.. All very near to each other..

4) I would either go straight to Jakarta airport or fly back from Bandung if you have an airport that serves Bandung to your destination.. Save if for the next trip..

5) Would only recommend going to Jakarta for a half day if you have rent a car/driver all the way from Bandung to Jakarta Airport..

Cheers

Edited: 21 September 2012, 00:17
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandung-jakarta

Thank you! About carrying our luggage when going around jakarta, we're staying in bandung for just 2days so we only have a small backpack each and we always travel light. :)

I still hope to get info re: shuttle van stops as i've learned that it is more convenient than trains.

Cheers!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,808 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandung-jakarta

Here is the list of Xtrans departure/ arrival point in JKT

www.xtrans.co.id/index.php?pg=7a717b71828471

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandung-jakarta

Hi schonefeld! Thanks for the info. Do u know which stop is nearest monas? Im not familiar of any of the stops.

Million thanks!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,808 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandung-jakarta

I would chose <<BLOK M Telp. (021) 315-0555>>

There is a direct transjakarta bus service from Block M to Monas.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandung-jakarta

Take DayTrans from Bandung to Jakarta which stops at Sarinah department store. From there, you can take TransJakarta buses to Monas (3 stops away towards Jakarta Kota - not Blok M direction).

To visit museums (old town) take the same bus and alight at Jakarta Kota.

From there, you can take taxi straight to airport.

Make sure you have more than a half day to do this as traveling in Jakarta needs time.

7. Re: Bandung-jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 18:16