We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Hi dear all,

This is my first time writing on TripAdvisor and first time to write on forum.

Yesterday (01Dec2017) I booked Grab from bogor city to paradise park ( about 1+ hour from Bogor)

The price was 76000 Rp but when when we reached there the driver asked me to pay him more as it was far away and he can’t acceot the 76k . he was asking for too much first then when I said no I am not gonna pay then he kept decreasing his demand and finally he asked to pay him 150000Rupiah and I paid him no way to escape because he was a local and I was a foreigner. Lol

I read about bluebird cheating and now I feel that the fellow traveller is right .

I have submitted complaint to Grab through their app and also have snap shot the history of travel details with car no and luckily I got the taxi driver mobile no which I don’t know if he has given me wrong no or his real no .

I read a few hours about other people experiences on trip advisor and it made me feel that I should share my exp with you.

Can any one tell me what will be the action of Grab as per their policy / rules for such cases ? Will they fire the driver or just ignore it ?

The blue bird exp the fellow was sharing without any prove , now I do believe that he is right without Any proof.

Be careful fellow travellers, hope that one day the world will be a good place to live!

Mentioned in this post
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
12 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Sorry plz ignore the two lines ( it was my second time to write) not first time sorry for pasting old lines .

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Hi

Thanks for sharing. I have no idea what will be grabb reaction, as in general I would not recommend foreiners to use apps drivers in JKT. If you complain to blue bird customer service in similar situation, the driver will be fired on the spot with wolf ticket, his family thrown away from company quarters, his ( and his family) health insurance will be cancelled. All of this by a SINGLE customer complain, without further investigation.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Hi Schonefeld

Interesting comments you made above ^^ regarding what will happen to a driver if customers complain. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them? So, we're supposed to just quietly get ripped off when travelling in foreign countries because the locals renege on a promised fee or charge? That sends a bad message to service providers and makes life harder for future tourists. I personally think all shoddy service providers should be named & shamed.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

@the_musafir,

You clearly misinterpreted my post. I would NEVER feel sorry for anyone who cheats tourists and takes advantage of the people who are first timers in a foreign land. I have no compassion to them at all and i always take best interests of a traveler close to heart. And I greatly support harsh/ firm policy of blue bird company, and only wish the others follow the example.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

And I bookmark every helpful thread that other travelers may benefit from, and provide the link to the other members if they ask what to avoid and where.

Info about untrustworthy service providers must be brought on the forum, I support this approach 100%.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
823 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Bluebird will fire the driver straightaway. They have a very high standard. As for Grab, who knows what will happen. See how Uber let drivers get away with so many things overseas before taking action. Bluebird gives you discount when you use their App so in my opinion I will prefer to use Bluebird.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Do you pay the fares as it is without a tip?

I dont agree if the driver ask the amount of money, usualy the driver ask for the tip without pushy.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
823 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

I don't mind paying anything between Rp5k to Rp15k tip.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

I've been using Grab and Uber ever since they first launched in Indonesia. I'm using it overseas too. And had to admit, I rarely use BlueBird taxi anymore, unless I'm in a rush as hailing one or getting in one outside any shopping mall is faster than waiting for Uber/Grab driver to pick me up. Compare to these services in Bali (where I lived for the last 5 months), services in Jakarta is way better for me. From years of experience using these app, I would say there are bad drivers (in all kind of taxis) and here are my experiences complaining to them:

1. Uber. first year of operation, they will suspend the driver immediately and refund your fare. Nowadays, at least few months back when I last complaint, it took them days to reply to my emails. Eventually they refund and no update on what happened to the driver. I don't think they took any action, I believe they would state it in their response email if they did.

2. Grab. Respond comes normally within 3 days. If you complaint thru their Facebook/social media page, it gets even faster, reply within hours. I've seen drivers cut-off from partnership with Grab for reasons like scam and sexual harrassment. Unfortunately, for Indonesians, asking for larger payment is not always considered as SCAM, it will mostly be considered as asking for too big of tips money. It will end up with only warnings or few days suspension for the driver.

3. Go-Jek. They imposed rules now that if you complaint or cancelled trip, it will deduct driver's point and impact their bonus income. But based on my experience, Go-Car drivers are the worst in services. I'd rather go with Grab Car or Uber.

4. Blue Bird. I actually do not agree with "fire on the spot" sentiments, and there are many complaints from drivers also saying that they are fired unfairly due to customer complaints. Maybe because of this, and also changes in their management, they do not impose this action again so easily recently. How do I know? because I lived near their office and spoken to many of their drivers. What they do recently are mostly warnings then bonus-cut or days of suspension. I do have recent experience with Blue Bird, where I ordered thru their app and it says driver is coming to pick me up. After 15 minutes I kept calling and no answer. The driver position stays in 1 spot and not moving. As it was near, I came to that spot to found the car parked, driver nowhere to be found. I complaint immediately, even the dispatcher cannot reach this driver. Turns out he's out smoking and chatting with who knows who nearby and left the car after accepting my order. You would think he got fired on the spot? Nope. I got SMS and Call from Blue Bird saying they are sorry for delaying my trip more than an hour, and they had given the driver a warning for not keeping up with order taken. They dispatched new driver and that's it.

There are troubled driver out there no matter what services you are using. For me, Blue Bird, Uber, Grab are still quite reliable. Uber in Bali in particular is very tourists friendly. Most of them speak English and it's more expensive than Grab. Always ready with just enough money to pay for fare and tips, get your information beforehand to know est how much you should pay. Once you get to the destination, pay up then immediately get out of the car. It gives them very short chance of time to ask for more money. If you found yourself in situation where driver ask for more money: don't argue or answer to anything. Make sure you pay enough, get your poker face on then walk straight out. Don't entertain any of their complaint. You can rate them and file a complaint later.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Just flag down BlueBird... slightly expensive but you will feel safe/

Edited: 06 April 2018, 10:54