We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grab driver cheat in Bogor

Hi dear all,

This is my first time writing on TripAdvisor and first time to write on forum.

Yesterday (01Dec2017) I booked Grab from bogor city to paradise park ( about 1+ hour from Bogor)

The price was 76000 Rp but when when we reached there the driver asked me to pay him more as it was far away and he can’t acceot the 76k . he was asking for too much first then when I said no I am not gonna pay then he kept decreasing his demand and finally he asked to pay him 150000Rupiah and I paid him no way to escape because he was a local and I was a foreigner. Lol

I read about bluebird cheating and now I feel that the fellow traveller is right .

I have submitted complaint to Grab through their app and also have snap shot the history of travel details with car no and luckily I got the taxi driver mobile no which I don’t know if he has given me wrong no or his real no .

I read a few hours about other people experiences on trip advisor and it made me feel that I should share my exp with you.

Can any one tell me what will be the action of Grab as per their policy / rules for such cases ? Will they fire the driver or just ignore it ?

The blue bird exp the fellow was sharing without any prove , now I do believe that he is right without Any proof.

Be careful fellow travellers, hope that one day the world will be a good place to live!

12 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

After hearing bad stories from my wife's girlfriends in Jakarta abut Grab drivers, she will always stick to Blue Bird as will most of her friends. Probably guys would not experience the same kind of problems that many women seems to experience.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grab driver cheat in Bogor

As a common/ obvious fact : solo female travellers are subject to the sexual harassment with higher probability than solicitation male travelers.

We had few years ago one poster who specifically targeted solicitation females and offered himself as a guide/ driver etc. Totally dangerous...was reported and removed from TA, of course.

Reply to: Grab driver cheat in Bogor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted