We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogor

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Bogor

I am going to travel from Bandung to Jakarta end of this month. Enter Indonesia thru Bandung and leave thru Jakarta. Whilst on the way to Jakarta, my family intend to go to Bogor and Puncak. I am confused, do we reach Bogor first or Puncak first from Bandung? Also, if we want to stay two nights through out our journey from Bandung to Jakarta, should we book a hotel in Bogor or Puncak?

Other than Safari, is there any interesting place worth going in Bogor and Puncak?

Would appreciate advice from fellow trip advisors. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,506 posts
869 reviews
1. Re: Bogor

Actually if you are taking the old Bandung to Jakarta road in the direction of Sukabumi and then turn right at Cianjur then you arrive at Puncak well before arriving at Bogor. That is assuming you are taking a car + driver to get to Puncak as we have done so many times in the past.

My wife has relatives living in Bogor and apparently it's not all that interesting. Better to book a place in Puncak in my opinion. Apart from Taman Safari, there are also tea plantations at Gunung Mas and great views. There is also Cimory Riverside which is a very popular stop for shopping and lunch Taman Wisata Matahari and several other interesting places.

Edited: 01 February 2018, 15:44
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Bogor

1/ driving from bdg to Jkt - via mountain pass - you certainly get to puncak first and then to Bogor via ciawi toll.

2/ aside taman Safari you can check kota bunga, for example, but imho it's nothing to shout about, and Safari Park is the whole day adventure. Please choose a weekday only for travel to puncak and Safari.

3/ after puncak and Safari I'd recommend to stay at rancamaya hotel - it's a beautiful golf estate at the footsteps of mt. Salak.

They have the outstanding sport facilities, lots of things to do and very comfortable hotel overall.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Bogor

Please check my review of rancamaya hotel:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Bogor

Be aware of heavy traffic jams on the road from Bandung to Jakarta via Puncak. It is advisable not to plan your out going flight on the same day after arriving from Bandung. Traffic congestion usually depend on the time & day of the week and on public holidays there could be more traffic jams.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Bogor

Thank you diasperth35. Yes we were informed on the heavy traffic jams especially on weekend. Thus our plan will be travelling on weekdays.

Thank you SurfingWild and Schonefeld, information that you supplied is very useful in my planning. I will then try to find a good accommodation in Puncak. Did not know that there are other interesting place in Puncak other than the Safari. Your response is highly appreciated.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: Bogor

after puncak and Safari I'd recommend to stay at rancamaya hotel - it's a beautiful golf estate at the footsteps of mt. Salak.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

Reply to: Bogor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted